New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant Issue (brown dots)

Started by Feivel, April 17, 2011, 07:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feivel

Hey i got some plants from some dude, java fern and anubis? also some chineese balling plant. ive had them for 3 days now. I have flourish plant nutrient and a DIY Co2system. I noticed some little brown spots on the java fern's leaves. I was wondering what the problem was :)
Cheers thanks for the help
Seb

Toss

The brown dots on java fern leaves, mostly underneath are fine. They are part of the plants
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

Feivel

Thanks again for the plants by the way :) gives a new look to the tank. So you say these brown dots are "normal". im asking becasue i did not notice them when i received them.

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc445/larabieseb/?action=view&current=CIMG4695.jpg

theres a pic. i will be attending the meeting tommorow and I guess I will learn lots of tips and tricks from there.

HappyGuppy

Brown dots on java fern are normal, and it is part of how it reproduces sexually.  From what I recall, now I may be wrong (memory) the dots are probably in an organized line, not random. 

Alternatively brown dots may also be leaf decaying, but usually it isn't dots but more sections typically on edges.

Sounds like you're seeing the sexual dots of java fern.  Nothing to be concerned about.  Completely normal.