New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I HAD a fry! + I think my tank is getting better.

Started by zurus, April 05, 2007, 03:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zurus

So far its day 2 without any more casualties but there are still 2 that don't seem to be doing so good. I started doing the Metro+ "bath" treatment and today I gave them some of the medicated food I prepared. I hope it works.

This morning I also noticed a fairly large (dead) fry! My mozambique was holding awhile back but swallowed most of her eggs. I watched her for a few weeks and then saw she was eating again one day and didn't see any fry so I thought she just swallowed the rest. Today I saw a large object floating around the tank that the larger fish were trying to eat. It was a baby fish! It was almost an inch long so it must have been in there for a few weeks! I was excited that my female didn't swallow all her eggs but sad that it died!! So far I haven't seen any more swimming around. I hope I get through this bloat without any more losses since I have already lost all my red top ndumbi, most of my demasoni's, a couple labs, and I think one blue zebra. :(