New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

old filter from a healthy stablish aquarium

Started by romney, January 30, 2014, 02:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romney

hi guys I need your help. im new to the hobby and I accedentally clean my filterS with tap water ( with chlorine) so now im suffering with a nitrite spike 5ppm+.. all my fish is still alive due to the OD of prime but I dont know how long they will hold it please guys I need your help. I have the marineland powerfilter 350 im doing 20 to 30% wc daily. my ammonia is 0 to 0.25 and my nitrate is 10 to 20 ppm. so my only option right now is put an old filter. guys msg me who is willing to help im from nepean area. hoping my 14 exodon and 1 redbelly will survive  :'(

Stussi613

romney,

I have edited your post to remove your phone number, please do not post your personal details on the site as anyone can see them.

Do you have a car?  If you do please go see David at Got Fish? in Kanata and ask him to provide you with one of the MarinePure Ceramic balls he keeps in the freshwater tanks...they are already seeded with bacteria and should help you to seed your tank.
I haz reef tanks.

romney

sorry about that, im just to desperate to get my water back to normal. ill try to call david at got fish and see if he can help me thx for the quick reply. wish me luck   :'(