New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

aquavitro propel FE Iron question

Started by nemo14, December 21, 2014, 08:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo14

Hello everyone!

I just got a question about iron i put in 14 ml of aquavitro propel FE iron in the tank water test with nutrafin test kit and i get 0 free iron and 0.25 of chelated iron. the next day test water for iron zero on both test. is it possible that the plants use up all the iron in one day even with plants like  anubias nana,Anubias barteri, java ferns, Java Fern Windelov, mellon swords,Ozelot - Red and Amazon Swords, Cryptocoryne wendtii. should i put iron in every day or will this create an algae problem in my tank. i add iron three times a week.

any info would be great.

Thanks in advance.

charlie

Quote from: nemo14 on December 21, 2014, 08:08:03 AM
Hello everyone!

I just got a question about iron i put in 14 ml of aquavitro propel FE iron in the tank water test with nutrafin test kit and i get 0 free iron and 0.25 of chelated iron. the next day test water for iron zero on both test. is it possible that the plants use up all the iron in one day even with plants like  anubias nana,Anubias barteri, java ferns, Java Fern Windelov, mellon swords,Ozelot - Red and Amazon Swords, Cryptocoryne wendtii. should i put iron in every day or will this create an algae problem in my tank. i add iron three times a week.

any info would be great.

Thanks in advance.
While I cannot comment with any confidence as to why, I can offer you this - iron is the hardest test for hobby test kits to be near accurate at.
Iron precipitates very fast  & 0xidizes equally fast to light exposure.
In my opinion, I won`t be adding any extra iron to that tank given the type of plants you are growing ( slow uptake , especially from the water column), there is enough iron in your traces to satisfy your tank.
Regards