New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Change your profiles!

Started by BigDaddy, February 16, 2005, 11:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

Hey guys and gals:

Why dont' you change your profiles so we can see who's online when instead of being "hidden".

Click on Profile on the top banner.  Then, in the list of preferences, change the radio button for "Hide your online status" to No.

That way, we can all see when you are on!

Julie

Big Brother is watching.  :?

BigDaddy

Whatcha talking about Julie... yours isn't hidden...

Julie

Now listen willis, I was wondering the same myself - who are all these hidden people?

Julie

328iGuy

Yah but the issue is that "Hidden" is used by default when people registered, it should be the other way around.

I suggest the admin changes the setting to be visible by default.

artw

what if I want to be hidden?

328iGuy

Quote from: "artw"what if I want to be hidden?

Then thats a decision you make and can change that i you're profile.  :D

Marc

Quote from: "328iGuy"Yah but the issue is that "Hidden" is used by default when people registered, it should be the other way around.

Good idea but there doesn't seem to be an option for that. I might have to dig into the program code.

328iGuy

Quote from: "Marc"
Quote from: "328iGuy"Yah but the issue is that "Hidden" is used by default when people registered, it should be the other way around.

Good idea but there doesn't seem to be an option for that. I might have to dig into the program code.

time to change to vBulletin! :)

I know that option exists for sure in there.

If not, just get on the phpBB forums, someone I am sure has this configured already, but I am pretty sure after playing with phpBB before as well it had this option somewhere in the configuration of new users defaults?

Rick

Done
    Until now I wasn't even aware that it was automatically hidden; heck I wasn't aware we could view who was on line!

TBarb

In your profile preferences I think it is called "Hide your online status:  Yes    No? "

328iGuy

Quote from: "TBarb"In your profile preferences I think it is called "Hide your online status:  Yes    No? "

We understand that, but want a default for new users that are created.

Jim

I like this idea of default "non hidden" it is way better to see who is online!!! Thease "Hidden" people most likely dount evin know that they are hidden.