New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Glass Shell Group Buy

Started by Malyon18, May 08, 2012, 03:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malyon18

Alright boys and girls time to get yourself a pimped out shell for your hermit crab hahaha. Check out the website, looking to place an order for 5-10 shells. I have contacted the seller and for 10 shells under 1.5'' the shipping and handling charges would be $20, that means if we can get an order of 10 shells together we would only have a $2 shipping charge per shell. If we have done business in the past lol fell free to post on the thread the desired shell and amount, if we have never crossed paths please contact me prior, do not wanna place a large order and have a bunch of no shows considering the price of the shells.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaU5etPejZA&feature=player_embedded[/embed]

http://www.glassshell.com/

"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

Darth

I am in for 1 if we can get the order together

Malyon18

Sounds good, therefore we have 2 up to now

Malyon18 - 1 - 0.5''-0.75''
Darth - 1

bt

Yeouch.... pricey shells.  But very cool.

Considering.

Rocketdog

count me in for 1  .5"-.75"
thanks

Darth

Quote from: bt on May 08, 2012, 04:09:51 PM
Yeouch.... pricey shells.  But very cool.

Considering.
yes considering they are all handmade, and then if you can actually get a hermit to use it, it would be wicked cool

Hookup

what keeps them from being covered in coraline algae after a few weeks?

Malyon18

may need a manual scrub now and then lol we will see how it goes if we can get this order together. I have spent more money on several items I have never really used so whats another 17 bucks, kinda like a cheap coral and will be pretty cool if someone actually calls it home

Darth

Quote from: Malyon18 on May 08, 2012, 07:57:38 PM
I have spent more money on several items I have never really used so whats another 17 bucks, kinda like a cheap coral and will be pretty cool if someone actually calls it home
amen to that

Hookup

Quote from: Malyon18 on May 08, 2012, 07:57:38 PM
may need a manual scrub now and then lol we will see how it goes if we can get this order together. I have spent more money on several items I have never really used so whats another 17 bucks, kinda like a cheap coral and will be pretty cool if someone actually calls it home

LOL!  I have to agree with ya there...   Photos please whe you get them... 

RossW

Very innovative and impressive.

This makes me want to get back into the hobby!

androo303

Quote from: RossW on May 09, 2012, 08:44:55 AM
Very innovative and impressive.

This makes me want to get back into the hobby!

My statement is... You should never have gotten out of it in the first place!

Hookup

Quote from: androo303 on May 09, 2012, 11:51:10 AM
My statement is... You should never have gotten out of it in the first place!

LOL... agreed.

Malyon18

Well we are up to 3 so far only a few more to go hahaha

Malyon18

Last call before i contact the lady again to see how much shipping would be for 3 shells, probably similar to the $10 for 2 shells.

Rocketdog

Quote from: Malyon18 on May 26, 2012, 04:47:09 PM
Last call before i contact the lady again to see how much shipping would be for 3 shells, probably similar to the $10 for 2 shells.

Any word on where we stand on this order.  no rush...just wondering.
Thanks

Malyon18

I emailed the lady a couple weeks back but got no response on the cost of shipping three shells, the first time i emailed her it took a while to get a response as well. I will fire her off an email this evening and see what the deal is, I am still very interested in getting one just have to setup the shiping and what not, I will keep you posted.

Malyon18

Alright so shipping will be 10 bucks for 3 shells, the only thing that I am hoping to dodge is duties when it comes across the border but for the size of the package we may just slip through :). So if you guys are cool with that I will put in the order for 3 shells, let me know.

Darth

Rocketdog