New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Started by Saphirra, February 17, 2019, 04:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saphirra

Hi there,

I am new.  I currently have a 36g bow that has been running since Oct or Nov and a new 75g which I have started planting and I think has just finished cycling.

The smaller tank is my first attempt at fish since I had a 10 gallon in university and had no clue what I was doing and pretty much had a green mess and killed me fish constantly.

This time around I have put a lot of time into reading up and asking questions and trying to do my best not to kill my fish. 

My 36g has guppies, platies, a swordtail, neon tetras, a mystery snail, ghost shrimp and a clown loach and an uninvited infestation of tiny snails, presumably from the plants I have in the tank.

I'm learning a lot and unfortunately still have lost a number of fish most regrettably my platinum and electric blue rams and flower shrimps.

charlie

Welcome to the OVAS forums.
Please feel free to ask away, there many hobbyists in our midst that would be happy to help.
It would be great if you can join us at our monthly meetings.
Charlie

Box Jockey

"You can't run from me! Oh, you *can* run from me! You keep surprising me." -- Tamatoa

Calico3

Welcome . I am also a newer member. Hope to meet you at a meeting .  Keeping fish is always a learning experience.

matttimms49

Hi and welcome to the club. Those are good size tanks to work with. Do you have any ideas for what you want to stock in the 75 gallon?

drukus

Welcome! Sorry to hear that you lost those fish.