New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

20g re-set up

Started by bettabreeder, February 12, 2012, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchofsky

Fish can be so fascinating  :)  Thanks for the picture and update.

bizfromqc

Eggs were laid about 4-5 days ago right? If all goes well, a couple more days and we'll see wrigglers!
I read that it's typical of convicts to move the eggs a couple of days after they were layed, neat!

bettabreeder

Quote from: touchofsky on February 20, 2012, 09:10:10 AM
Fish can be so fascinating  :)  Thanks for the picture and update.
No worries updates will be forthcoming in two days time as they become free swimming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bettabreeder

Quote from: bizfromqc on February 20, 2012, 09:21:16 AM
Eggs were laid about 4-5 days ago right? If all goes well, a couple more days and we'll see wrigglers!
I read that it's typical of convicts to move the eggs a couple of days after they were layed, neat!

Yup they were laid very very early Thursday morning so 4 days ago. I read that it's three days till mom brings them out of the cave for the first time!

bettabreeder

Update: we have wigglers and free swimmers out of the cave this morning! Pic to follow when I find a good angle to shoot one

bettabreeder

Still wigglers but they are in a pit right in front of the aquarium so I'm going to try and get a pic.
Hard to see but they are down there :P

bizfromqc

Looking good, how many do you think there is total?

bettabreeder

I think 30 would be a fair estimate. Looks like a few more days till they are free swimming because the egg sac is still fresh.

bettabreeder

We have free swimmers!

touchofsky

bettabreeder

Thank you!

bizfromqc

Quote from: bettabreeder on February 26, 2012, 04:33:43 PM
We have free swimmers!

Great news!

How big are the fry? Big enough for BBS or will you have to go smaller? What do you plan on feeding these little creatures?  ;)

bettabreeder

I have nutrafin fry food and bbs. And these guys are huge! Hahaha definitely big enough for bbs and they have been munching on plants and algae