New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tank build after swap meet

Started by 76brian, September 23, 2012, 08:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76brian

This is not on topic but it's my thread so :P

I picked up enough stuff at the swap meet yesterday to put this together. I did buy a few extra plants today as well. I am much happier with how this looks compared to my other disaster. I think its because of the substrate, sand is SOOO much nicer to plant in than flourite.

76brian

...thanks for the new thread, I didn't think it was worthy of its own :)

Here's an update

bettabreeder

That looks really good. I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sas

Looking good, be patient and your plants will fill in in time.
You could always try a background and that would hide your filter box,
as well as make the inside view pop.

76brian

Thanks folks :)

Yup I plan on doing a dark background, and I want some carpeting type plants too.

This is low light though, a 24" 17w T8, over a 30" 20 gal tank. I'll probably add a 20w CF plant bulb in a desk lamp or something.

daworldisblack

Looks nice.. I rmb that tree stump DW :) For lowlight, I'd say the dwarf sag. would be best. You looks like you got some there. It'll send runners soon enough and will cover the area well :)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

76brian

Quote from: daworldisblack on September 28, 2012, 12:53:27 PMFor lowlight, I'd say the dwarf sag. would be best. You looks like you got some there. It'll send runners soon enough and will cover the area well :)

What you see is chain sword... I think... from the pics, it could be dwarf sag though. I'll have to take a close up pic for positive ID later.

daworldisblack

Did you get it from the Swap meet too?
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!