New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

11g Betta Box

Started by ben_jamin, May 02, 2014, 06:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_jamin

This tank has been setup for 3 months now. It's progressed slowly due to the medium light  but the maintenance has been low as well.  I've got some pictures of the progress. But first here's the specs.

Cadlights Zen 11g
Ikea vanity cabinet painted and frankensteined
Eheim 2213 with acrylic in out pipes
100w heater
10lb co2 tank with Milwaukee regulator/solenoid
eBay ceramic diffuser
7x 10w led floodlights from eBay x2 RGB x5 6500k

Fluval shrimp stratum
Cherry shrimp
crowntail betta
Glossostigma
Chain sword
Blyxa japonica
Rotala rotundifoila
Ludwigia repens
Willow moss
Driftwood

Ei daily doseing
50% weekly water change. With half RO half tap
Very light feeding just for the one fish
Monthly trimming

SlyAngel

Very nice tank! I really like it and I am sure the Betta loves it too.
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

charlie

WOW, that is one nice set up. I like the creativity with your lights.
Thanks for sharing

fischkopp

That's quite a betta box! Where is the betta? :P

Nicely done. That are A LOT of lights over this little tank. Quite a bit of power I must say.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

fischkopp

Ohh, I spotted Mr Betta.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

daworldisblack

This is a pretty sweet set up. I like how you have RGB set to reddish as well. Nicely scaped - bet the betta is happy in there!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

ben_jamin

Thanks guys    Especially Errol I kept seeing his posts about people not posting they're tanks lol. The lights weren't as powerful as I'd hoped so I had to add more. Hence the huge cluster. It's still only what I would call medium light. Which is what I wanted. It has good coverage though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exv152

Very nice setup, it's always nice to see more rimless starfire builds in the club. The glosso's growth is saying a lot, I'd agree you're most likely in a medium range intensity. With half RO and tap for WCs, and shrimp stratum, I'm curious what your pH is at?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

ben_jamin

Ph is around 6.5 in in the middle of the night and 5.7 at full co2   The stratum is great substrate you can uproot plants without worrying about a dust storm. Seems to buffer the water down pretty good. I've heard it only lasts 8-12 months. But that's probably dependant on how hard the new water is your putting into the tank. I figure since I'm doing 1/2 and 1/2 tap to ro I can just shift my ratios if I notice a change in buffering. Like say go to a 1/3 tap 2/3 ro. Not sure if that would help it stay steady or not. Have to wait and see