New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

RIP: Bob Cashin, President Erie Aquarium Society

Started by ajm1961, January 13, 2014, 12:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Just received this tribute from Ray "Kingfish" Lucas, on the passing of Bob Cashin, President of the Erie Aquarium Society on January 6, 2014:
A true Livebearer, Robert (bob) Cashin, member of the Erie Aquarium Society for over 35 years, not only was he a local hobbyist but world wide, after retiring from Lord's as an Engineer he spent his time playing with the fishes, spent time in Mexico with British Hobbyist Ivan Dibble, these two guys were unspeardbal  on the project Ark, Bob also spent several months in the UK touring and speaking to British Hobbyist, Bob was given the title of Fellow of the ALA, American Livebearer Association for all the years of service and dedication to the hobby.
Besides traveling to the shows, in the US he also spent time in Canada speaking at several of the large Clubs in Calgary, Winnipeg, Flin Flon, Bob was the Club's representive for the Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs, where is was given honorary citizenship in Canada. Bob partner in crime in Canada was Mom Reimer, lots of laughs together.
I first met Bob was at a FishShow in Erie Pa, in the mid 70's and have been friends ever since, also teamed up with Paul Species then, great guys, Bob also have another hobbyist buddy Morise Phillips, who passed away several years, ago. Bob Morise and company would spend time going to fish shows in Pittsburgh, Akron Ohio, Hamburg, NY, Olean NY, Michigan he loved going to the shows in Michigan, and always would stop at the Belle Isle Aquarium in Detroit, Many shows, Many Auctions, Bob would always have a smile and nice words for hobbyists, loved traveling and visiting different Pet Shops.
Besides Bob's love for Fishes, wow lets go out to eat, he was a great lover of good food, and also let's have a glass of wine, enjoy touring the wineries, But Most of All Bob was a friend to ALL!

Robert P Cashin
1942-2014

SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Nyx

9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

Stussi613

It's always sad when someone who has done so much for out hobby passes.  Rest in Peace.
I haz reef tanks.

charlie

Although i never met the gentleman, the passing from this earth will surely leave a void in this hobby.
To his family & friends, my condolences
RIP.

sas

Gaspare