New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

"GE Premium Flourescent Light Fixture"

Started by 328iGuy, December 13, 2004, 07:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

328iGuy

As some of you know I went to Home Depot today at lunch and bought the 36" model of the "GE Premium Flourescent Light Fixture" . It comes with a 25w bulb, which the guy originally told me it was a 30w bulb.

I came home and plugged it in over the tank and it is AWFUL, the light isn't as bright as my existing 25w and its yellow beyond belief.

What I want to know is if I should pack it up and take it back, or can I just go and buy a new bulb for it that would be a bright white or something?

It's a T8 bulb thats in it.

Thanks a lot

BigDaddy

The fact that it is yellow is due to the temperature rating of the bulb.

Chances are it is a cool white or warm white bulb.  You need a daylight bulb.

328iGuy

Quote from: "BigDaddy"The fact that it is yellow is due to the temperature rating of the bulb.

Chances are it is a cool white or warm white bulb.  You need a daylight bulb.

Thanks man.

I just returned it and went across to Big Al's (Innes Rd.) and just bought the canopy that fits my tank there.  Wont have a problem and can work on the timer with the electronic ballast, just what I want for my Tropheus colony!  8)

postman

what is the name of the store? and how much did you buy?

328iGuy

Quote from: "postman"what is the name of the store? and how much did you buy?

Are you talking about the Tropheus colony?

I bought a 15 fish colony from Klaus, he is an amazingly respected breeder in Ajax, On.  He doesn't ship though, you need to pick them up.  Ask Pegasus, he has another colony I brought back from there as well :).

His web site is:  http://www.buntbarsch.ca/

postman

I bought a 15 fish colony from Klaus, he is an amazingly respected breeder in Ajax, On.  He doesn't ship though, you need to pick them up.  Ask Pegasus, he has another colony I brought back from there as well :).

His web site is:  http://www.buntbarsch.ca/[/quote]

actually I was referring to the canopy  :)

postman

His web site is:  http://www.buntbarsch.ca/[/quote]

actually I was referring to the canopy  :)  I'm looking for a 21g canopy

328iGuy

Quote from: "postman"what is the name of the store? and how much did you buy?

Ahh....well I mentioned the store, it was Big Al's (Aquarium Services) on Innes Rd. and it was $89.99, pricey but then again the 36" strip light was $60 and at least with this I can get rid of the glass top on the tank that is constatntly covered in water marks and residue :).

donj

What are the dimensions of the canopy?  36 x ?

I need a 36 x 18.

thanks,

328iGuy

Quote from: "donj"What are the dimensions of the canopy?  36 x ?

I need a 36 x 18.

thanks,

You got it!