New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

B&N fry with blue rams ?

Started by charlie, September 20, 2007, 09:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hi Guys , i have some B&N pleco fry growing out , do you guys think any of the following fish will harm them , SAE, Betta, Blue rams.
Regards

BigDaddy

I wouldn't put it past any of them to try to grab a free meal...

babblefish1960

The Siamese algae eater definitely will, the ram may well, and then of course, betta splendens are opportunists as well, so good luck with that crew.

charlie

Thanks guys , i guess the auction list just got longer  ;)
Regards

beowulf

I guess it depends on how many you are willing to lose.  In my 110g tank I have 4 SAE's, 2 rams and a betta and two diffferent pairs of kribs spawned and I have counted well over a dozen fry swimming around and they have now reached about an inch in length.  So I am sure I lost some, but with a well planted tank which I believe all of yours are, some should survive. 

BigDaddy

Kribs would be far more violent defending their fry, ensuring fewer loses.

beowulf

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 21, 2007, 07:56:50 AM
Kribs would be far more violent defending their fry, ensuring fewer loses.

Very possible, I know I did lose some because I saw many more when they where at the wiggler stage, maybe 3 dozen but now a little over a dozen are left.  I guess it might also help that I have a 110g tank with lots of hidding spots for the fry to hide in.