New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

*CRIES*

Started by cora, December 23, 2007, 11:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cora

So I came home from my work Christmas party Tonight, and ALL the fish in my 30 gallon are .... DEAD!!!  :'( :'( :'(

I don't know what happened.  ??? I was due for a water change, was planning on doing it tomorrow. I lost several really nice fish including a Stripped Raphael that I have had for years!!!  :'(

so I guess I will be fixing up my fish tanks in the coming weeks! My 75 has turtles in it now, but want to put it back to planted community as soon as I clean it out! :D

*sigh* 

NetCop

Oh no! :o
I'm so sorry to hear that.
I wonder what the cause was.
Did you have many fish in there?

babblefish1960

Sorry to hear that too, I hope you figure out what the cause was soon.

beowulf

Wow sorry to hear that never had such a bad dieoff.

fishycanuck

Wow - it might be worthwhile to test the water from the tank... any sign of illness in the fish?
I'm sorry to hear of this loss.

cora

Thanks Guys,

Its just soooo frustrating!! There weren't that many fish in the tank but certainly a couple that were important to me. :( I think I will do a water change and let it cycle a while before I put anymore fish in it. Dont want it to happen again.

RoxyDog

wow, so sorry to hear.  :(
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

renadia

Hi Cora,

So sorry to hear this, quite devastating  :'( and weird that they all died like that.

Hope you will ba able to figure out what hapened

Diane

dan2x38

Sorry to hear that Cora...  :( How old is the tank? Is it a new set-up? How many fish?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vizerdrix

Sorry to hear this Cora! :(  I hope you figure out what happened, if only so you know...

cora

Thanks Everyone!! I really appreciate your condolences  :-\ :-[

I cant find anything that could have gone wrong. *shrug* I guess it is just one of those things? I wonder if my cat dropped something in that I don't know LOL That all I can think of that might have happened at this point!  ;)

The tank had very few fish in it, a school of about 8 tetras, 2 Pearl Gourami, my stripped Raphael, a Betta and an approx 8inch pleco.  :'(
I think that the Raphael is the biggest loss, I have had it for several years and is a favorite of my brothers!  :(

ah well on the Bright side now I have an EMPTY tank *excellent* I can put what ever I want in it  ;) ;)

NetCop

Quote from: cora on December 24, 2007, 07:09:10 PM
...ah well on the Bright side now I have an EMPTY tank *excellent* I can put what ever I want in it  ;) ;)

*as the conspiracy theories begin to build rapidly across the internet, second only to those regarding 9/11 and JFK... then again perhaps, just maybe it was the betta in the vals with the spirlina stick!?

???

White Lightning

Wow! I really don't know what I would do if I came home to find ALL my fish dead at the same time. That is so odd.....

cora

Quote from: White Lightning on December 30, 2007, 01:50:25 AM
Wow! I really don't know what I would do if I came home to find ALL my fish dead at the same time. That is so odd.....
It was really Odd!! I wish I could have figured out what happened! But my tank is all cleaned up now! I am just waiting for a day off to go to BA and PS to get some new fish  ;D