New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

(56k beware) intro, New tank, stocking Q, Thanks Ray,

Started by gasmonkey, December 01, 2005, 03:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasmonkey

First off, can anybody recommend me a good book on various reef invertebreas and plants etc?

anyways, Im new to these forums, figured I would introduce myself.

My name is Bryan, I live in Brockville (1 hour away form ottawa) and I have a 65Gallon saltwater with 80 pounds of aragalive indo-pacific black sand, and 45 pounds of various live rock (mostly Fiji, but a couple interesting other kinds). just set it up about 2.5 months ago, and just got live rock last week. No fish as of yet.

few newb questions:
1. bright crimson red blood colored growth on my live rocks (like the purple, but bright red) whats the technical name for that stuff?

2. anybody know what this guy is? (pic attached) I found him crawling along my new live rock, just wondering what he is, theres a couple funny guys running around Ive seen in the last week that came in the live rock.

And a big thank you to Ray for the live rock. I attached a pic of teh setup for you Ray. thanks a tonne.

and now stocking.....

heres what i want:
1 snowflake eel
1 dwarf lion
2 nemos (ocillaris (sp))

Q: will the clownfish live with those two guys?
and what other smaller fish can I possibly stick in there too without overcrowding them too much? (Im assuming a blenny wont live with those guys eh?)

[/url]

mseguin

I doubt the clowns would survive long, especially with the snowflake, I've seen those things go after fish many times their size. BA Innes has the clowns and the eel, and they have short0fin lion.

az

congrats on the new setup, make sure to cover the tank well when you have snowflakes, they will go out if they can find an inch somewhere!

your lion may eat your small perculas too!

good luck!
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

PowderBlueTang

Skip the Memos if you going keep the other two, they will become a snack eventually!

Julie

I think he's a little starfish missing a couple of limbs.  I have some in my tank also.

Julie