New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Jan 22nd Meeting and Potluck

Started by Jody, January 10, 2024, 09:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hi All,

We are looking forward to a fun night on Jan 22nd.

We will be having an after holiday potluck dinner. Hopefully we can get a bunch of people to bring a little bit in to try. Please sign up here with something you would like to bring, whether it is homemade or store bought, the more the merrier.

With our dinner, we will have our very own OVAS President, Errol Choo,  doing a talk called "Planted Tank 101".

Of course, there will be some prizes, and who knows what other fun surprises that we may have up our sleeves.

Jody

Jody

Hi All,

I can bring a chicken dish and a tray of rice.

Jody

charlie

I can bring a noodle dish with Chinese BBQ pork.
FYI the clubs birthday / anniversary is March 11th , so we can celebrate , bring your contribution to the pot luck.

apistofrank

Looking forward to getting together and the talk about plants !

Question - Is there a microwave available  for general use ?

That availability will determine what I bring.

I will probably bring a few (2-3) of these:

1-2 Quiches - Lorraine or cheese or vegetable laced or tortières

Mini sausage rolls and other appetizers that don't need to be served warm.

Do you need paper plates, napkins, cutlery ?

Jody

Hi Frank,

I know there is a stove there, but haven't confirmed that it works. Not sure about a microwave.

We will have paper plates, napkins and cutlery.

Thanks
Jody

FishDish

Sounds fun. I will bring some home-made baked beans.

apistofrank

Re: stove or microwave availability at the arena

Thanks Jody for checking. All good though. I have a warming mat that can keep items warm. I will bring that just in case.
Looking forward to the meeting and hearing Errol's talk.

AlainGauthier

I can bring salad to accompany all the lovely offerings.
- Alain

CarlP

Hi 👋
It's going to be my first time assisting to a meeting since I joined the club a couple months ago.
I'll bring chips and something to drink (as I'm an horrible cook and I want to be re-invited in the future 😅.

Jody

Hi Carl,

Welcome aboard!

Don't worry about drinks, we have a cooler full that we will be bringing.

See you Monday!

Jody

Nociaquatics

If im not a member (im mew to ottawa) and is my first meeting can i attend? Obviously I'll bring some pastries for the potluck.

Dan

Quote from: Nociaquatics on January 18, 2024, 02:40:57 PMIf im not a member (im mew to ottawa) and is my first meeting can i attend? Obviously I'll bring some pastries for the potluck.

I'm pretty sure you can. Also, you can sign up for a membership with cash at the meeting.

Muad'Dib

Hi Everyone
I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I'm working the stupid early shift all this week.
Dean
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

Gowalkitoff

I can't come. I was keeping my fingers crossed. My husband is into overtime night shifts for snow removal. Maybe next month!