New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Question re. Weekend Special

Started by TLe041, September 15, 2011, 07:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLe041

On the ad for this weekend's fish special for Ottawa West, it has "Hastatus Pygmy Cory Catfish" for sale (2 for $1.99). I'm a little confused by this because Corydorus hastatus and Corydoras pygmaeus are two different species. Can someone clarify which it is exactly?

Tony

robt18

They are C. Hastatus, which is one of a few species that fall under the 'pygmy cory' common name sometimes. We occassionally receive the C. pygmaeus as well, but this weekend it is the C. hastatus that are on sale (and I believe the only ones in stock).

TLe041

Thanks Rob.

I already have a small school of pygmies that I want to add to. I'm considering these hastatus if I can't get a hold of those ones. Do you anticipate getting more pygmies in the future?
Tony

robt18

There are none on order at the moment, and it is hard to know exactly when they will be around again!

TLe041

I stopped by to pick up a few. Just to let you know, the ones you have for sale are definitely C. pygmaeus and not hastatus. I have a few pygmies and they are identical to these ones. It's the same if you look at the pictures on the internet.
Tony

robt18

Sorry Tony!

I remember seeing hastatus on a recent order list... I figured those had to be the ones. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll keep my eyes open for the hastatus and let you know when they're coming in!

TLe041

Not a problem, Rob. I preferred pygmies so I could grow my current school, so it worked out well!

Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Tony