New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Sort of Leaving...

Started by robt18, May 09, 2012, 08:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robt18

Hey everyone,

After graduating university this past month and finding a new job here in the city, I won't be around the store quite as often as I once was anymore. In fact, they're making me take my bed out of the back room and everything! I'll now only be at the store on Sundays to meet with my fishy friends and keep tabs on everyone's tanks.

I wanted to tank everyone here who have made the last 4 years at the store a great time, I've learned a lot there, hopefully helped at least a person or two, and really had a great time because of all of the people I got to deal with on a daily basis.

So thanks for everything to everyone, come visit me on Sundays!

Rob
BA supervisor/OVAS Pres

ajm1961

Hey Rob, thanks for the help and the chats at BAs for the past few years. Good luck with the new job.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

You will be missed @ the store on your regular days, the good thing is that you will be there once  a week, Congrats on your new job & best wishes as you start a new chapter.
Errol

androo303

Congrats Rob. You'll soon see that after graduating university and the new job will lend to the requirement to keep in the hobby... It's all about keeping the stress levels low. Haha zen like.

NjOyRiD

good luck buddy!
whats fun, i can only go to the store on sundays haha

where did you get your job?

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Nyx

Congratulations on your new employment, Rob! I wish you all the very best there and in all your future endeavors. You will be very missed at BA's but as we still have a planted tank, we'll be seeing you on Sundays. : )
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

FocusFin

Quote from: robt18 on May 09, 2012, 08:44:14 PM
I won't be around the store quite as often as I once was anymore. In fact, they're making me take my bed out of the back room and everything!

Our president shouldn't have to live in the back room of Big Al's ;D...this would never happen in the States.

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Thunda

We wish you the very best in the new job.  Big Al's won't be the same without you there. 

~makes note to set up visits for Sundays~

;D

touchofsky

Congratulations on your graduation and new job, and good luck!

exv152

Congrats on the new job, and best of luck.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Congrats Rob! I'm sure you're glad you're done. I was done not too long ago and its weird. I still wake up thinking I am late for class every now and then of have a nightmare about waking up late and missing an exam... scars.. haha.. But no more essays, tests, exams to think of.. just working and making a living and finally living a little! Congrats on the Job and all the best dude!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Amy

Good luck with the new job! :)

robt18

Thanks everyone!  ;D

It's been a great time and I hope to see you all on Sundays/at meetings etc.

Rob

charlie

Quote from: robt18 on May 13, 2012, 11:51:39 PM
Thanks everyone!  ;D

It's been a great time and I hope to see you all on Sundays/at meetings etc.

Rob
Hey Rob, just learned you will not be @ the store on Sundays either, i think your service & knowledge base will be greatly missed by a few, but i`m sure it would be a welcome break for you as well .Thankss for all your help while you were there.
Errol

robt18

Yes, I have left for good.

No problem Errol, if you ever need help with growing plants, just ask :P

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Nyx

I'm really sorry to hear that you won't be at BA's on Sundays any longer, Rob. Gasp and I always enjoyed dealing with you there and just chatting with you when we'd stop by. It really won't be the same without you but I do wish you all the very best in all your future endeavors. :`(
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers