New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 90G world ...

Started by cichlidicted, September 14, 2010, 04:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cichlidicted

Hello ..
Here's my 90g planted tank ... The pictures below shows the development of the tank over 2 years. Started low tech, then moved into CO2 and highlighting ...

The second picture shows an addition of the DIY CO2 diffuser that some ovas members and I built .... to be honest, it's the most thing am proud off in the tank ... Now, I know it shouldn't be in the water ... but since the tank is in the living room, i can't afford any leakages.

My third layout was an attempt to create a Dutch Layout ... complete failure, but i liked it anyways  ;D ...

Most intresting changes in the fourth layout ... is the attempt to hide all equipment related stuff such as the In-take and Out-take, heater, airstone, C02 diffuser...  ...  since this picture was take after a major trimming, its kinda hard to show my point ... I will explain more at the end of this thread. I also got rid of my riccia which was held down by a hair net, the reason bieng is tht my plecos like to sneak under the net and reach the driftwoood, but they would get stuck while doing that. Unfortunately, i've lost two already. It also shows you a tank that's been running for 3 weeks now without any CO2 (no time to refill gas tank)... also stopped dosing... until i refill the tank...

This last picture shows where the out-flow comes from .... I've burried the out-flow tube under the substrate and made it come out from under the driftwood (under the semi-circle thingi).... This makes a wonderful visual effect ... seeing the water coming out with CO2 bubbles and the Blyxa moving the entire time... The Blyxa movement also indicates the filter is still running lol. ;)

When the cabomba grows a bit it would completly cover the CO2 diffuser... Blyxa would cover up the heater, both driftwood cover the in-take and out-take ... my only issue is the powerhead ... am hoping algea would cover it completly, making it blend into the background... but then, would it still work ?!! lol ....

Any comments or suggestions would be appreaciated.

Jeff1192

It looks great! I have just finished re-doing my 90 gallon planted as well. But I'm now also trying to figure out how to hide the equipment as the way I have set it up this time makes it harder to hide things. I'm wondering what kind of lighting you're using?

Thanks,

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

sas

Very Nice!
I can't see that your third attempt was a fail because it looks
great to me?
In fact all four shots of the tank look nice.
You've got the touch.

Jitters

cichlidicted

Thanks folks .. looking forward to see your own setups

aquaticottawa

NICE.  never thought it would look that great man!!  since i am sick i took the time to check this out.  that tank is something to be proud of.  i see what your talking about now with the output coming from under that driftwood.  youll step into salt without any major problems by the look of that.  good show, nice tank

cichlidicted

i see this was your first post john ... am honoured haha. well am glad you liked it, you should give it a try sometime, I tell you what i take the salt and ill give you the planted haha. happy new years man.