New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

125G freshwater low-tech planted tank

Started by Brine, September 19, 2010, 04:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

Set-up is pretty cool looking. On the video you showed some Christmas lights and said that you would explain them later but then you didn't. Now I'm curious! What are the Christmas lights for?

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Brine

D'oh....I noticed that I forgot to explain them. They come on just before the fluorescents go out at night. They stay lit for another hour or so. They are really inexpensive moon lights. The Cardinal Tetras look really cool in the resulting purplish light.

fischkopp

Looks pretty nice. The little river is kinda cute. ;)
Thanks for sharing!
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

dan2x38

Awesome setup dude really like it! Still haven't scene it up close have to soon...  8)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Jitters

I like that a lot. I'll have to steal some pointers from you. 

cichlidicted

magnosis

Awesome  8)

I love your clever little rope trick  :D

holachicka

wow - really nice tank/setup...Thanks for sharing! I am not into FW but that is beatiful!!

My fav part was when you said "the plants are...what they are"... I LOL'd :)

Yams

Nice looking tank,

I am newer into this hobby and never seen the "waterfall / River" idea before! I like that, looks neat!

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

ordi260

I am not into planted tanks at all but i have to say that you used a good bunch of ingenuity on your setup!

Pretty neat and clean too!
Great setup!

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.