New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

75 gallon Oceanic

Started by charlie, February 15, 2011, 08:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

On the  request of a couple of folks , i`m posting the info. on my 75 gallon tank.
The tank is not new in fact it has been up & running since Dec. 2005 & has gone through several re working regarding lights , plants  & livestock.The substrate has been in the tank from day one & has never been removed.
The following details is current.
Lighting - 3 x 54 watt T5 ( 2 x Gieseman  midday & 1x Gieseman aquaflora for 9 hrs )+
1 x 54 watt T5 ( 1x Gieseman Aquaflora for 2 hrs)
The 4 fixtures are Sunblaster T5 light strips from the Hydroponic store with reflectors  , these strips have been on the tank for quite a few years ( at least 3 years with no issues).
Substrate - Approx 7-8 bags of  Flourite red
Livestock -  Apistogramma Cacatuoides , Apistogramma borellii  . Blue rams, Cardinal tetras, Rummynose tetras, Pearl Gourami,Bushynose plecos, SAE, Otto Cats, Sterbai Cories, Kulhi loaches (  a lot of fish & quite a mix, some so called experts would not recommend this  :D)
Plant nourishment supplementation - Fertilized via the Estimative index method  & pressurized CO2 injected @ 2 locations
Filtration & water circulation - 1x Eheim pro II 2026,1x Eheim Pro II 2028 & 2x maxijet 600 powerheads.
Finally a picture of the tank.
Regards
I will update my other tank set ups as time permits

Rybren

Errol,

That's one heck of a tank.  It's beautiful and almost as nice as a reef  ;D

Great job!

Jerry
120G Reef

FocusFin

Looks fantastic as to be expected  :)
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Brent Shaver

Your discriptions while we were talking didn't do the tank justice.

Very Nice

sas

Absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks for posting a pic, can't wait to see your others :).

Nyx

Wow! Errol, your tank is absolutely gorgeous! And what's best is it looks so natural, like it just happened that way by accident. Very nice! :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

charlie

Thank you all for your kind remarks, i must state once again a few members of OVAS are largely responsible for my addiction to planted tanks, namely Toss , Jetstream & Bigdaddy, these three gentlemen, were very informative in my early days of venturing on the green side, a big thanks to them.
Regards

charlie

This tank has being torn down & parted ways with me, it will be greatly missed, ironically the person who helped transport it form Superpet is the same person who took it away today, i guess he loved it too when he picked it up some years ago  :).

ben_jamin

Awesome tank very inspirational just like your others
why so many power heads ? co2 circulation?

charlie

Quote from: ben_jamin on October 30, 2011, 07:46:20 PM
Awesome tank very inspirational just like your others
why so many power heads ? co2 circulation?
Thanks a new one is in the works
with a densly planted tank flow is drastically reduced/hampered, the good flow is what transports the nutrients including Carbon in the water column in all crooks & crannies.
Regards
Edit:added link
This is the build that relaces the 75 Gln Oceanic
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=52173.0

Shawn84

Can't wait to see all the plant take off. I love the wood decor. Maybe next time i'm in Tdot i will stop by A.I and pick me up some :)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........