New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Amazing build from SimplyDiscus.

Started by Stussi613, April 06, 2011, 11:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stussi613

Easily the nicest, and cleanest, setup I've seen in a long time.

Thought I would share...let the drooling begin.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?87275-A-monster-journal...My-190g-wild-discus-biotope!
I haz reef tanks.

Saltcreep

Brent Shaver

That is one nice build for sure.  I love the way the inside of the tank is layed out.

Stussi613

Quote from: Brent Shaver on April 06, 2011, 11:30:59 PM
That is one nice build for sure.  I love the way the inside of the tank is layed out.

It's got me thinking things my wife would surely label as "bad". I'm not huge on the whole wild biotope look, personally, but the way he did the plumbing, water change system and lighting is amazing.
I haz reef tanks.

fischkopp

Nice build. Good ideas. I am experimenting with the Arduino as well at the moment, lot's of options to control things on a budget ...

I actually like the look of the habitat. It's the closest to nature I have seen so far thanks to the manzanita. Especially the lighting makes it work very well with the shadows it produces. I considered this for my own build, but eventually opted for semi-planted. My next 2xx gal system will be like this one though ...
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Fishnut

:o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm going to start seeing how to make one of those out of my 180.

Palufreak

You can see this at The Planted Tank Forum too!!!
Very nice...