New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

90 gal african tank

Started by freshfishies, May 24, 2011, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freshfishies

I've been waiting impatiently to get my Africans a tank this size and it FINALLY happened :D
Needs a background and maybe some filtration tweaks, but here it is! YAY!

Aquafreak2

Love your tank. great rock work.  Little question for you.  There is a blue fish to the left back and a deep red behind the thermometer.  What are they??

Thks

Papdul16

7 tanks running of African cichlids

freshfishies

Thanks Aquafreak2! I am in love with it  ;D
The blue one by the heater is a Yellow Tail Acei, the other blue in the left corner is a Cobalt Blue Zebra and the orange/red is a Metriaclima Estherea (red x red Zebra).

Brent Shaver

Looks great Jazz.  Love the rock work

dan2x38

Very nice love the plants too. rarely do you see an African tank with plants. I did and loved that tank. Great job!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

freshfishies

Thanks guys!

Brent - I'll have to make a time when I can come pick up that cichlid from you that we've been talking about, now that I have the space!

Dan - Thanks! I love the live plants too and the cichlids really like to pick off any algae bits and play around the plants. I have a huge clump of java moss behind the rocks that they love to sleep & play in too. They're like my 'slimy' kids, lol! I love to watch them play ;D

Aquafreak2

Well I guess I will have to find myself some red x red zebra and a couple of cobalt blues as well.   I have 110 gal  that they would look great in.  If you know of anyone who has some let me know.

Thanks

robt18

Lookin good! Better than it ever did here :P Glad you like it!

freshfishies

Quote from: Aquafreak2 on May 25, 2011, 02:11:45 PM
Well I guess I will have to find myself some red x red zebra and a couple of cobalt blues as well.   I have 110 gal  that they would look great in.  If you know of anyone who has some let me know.

Thanks

I got my from Big Als on Innes, they usually stock them both on a regular basis :) 

freshfishies

Quote from: robt18 on May 25, 2011, 07:06:35 PM
Lookin good! Better than it ever did here :P Glad you like it!

hahaha! Thanks! I looooove it! :D

Malvos

Nice tank, I'm going to be setting my 90 gal cichlid tank up soon too hopefully.  Sounds like a similar stocking as well, RZ, Acei with Rusties and Saulosi for me.

freshfishies

That's great! Don't forget to post some pics :D

freshfishies

Thought I'd update with the background and we had to adjust the rocks on the left side.
Oh! And a new light. The other was a little too dark.
Thanks for looking! :)

magnosis

Niiice ! I love that kind of rock work  8)

Is it intentional that you have no [mesh cone] (what's the word for that ?) on your filter intake ?

freshfishies

Quote from: magnosis on June 02, 2011, 08:14:37 PM
Niiice ! I love that kind of rock work  8)

Is it intentional that you have no [mesh cone] (what's the word for that ?) on your filter intake ?

You must be looking at the curved output piece in the right hand corner? The intakes both have the covers.