New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

26G High tech tank

Started by morrom, June 03, 2011, 10:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrom

I know how you feel my wallet felt the burn of this set up let me tell you, but in the end I am super happy with the tank.
I got almost all my stuff from a store in Toronto, these guys are awesome have a great store and carry a lot of awesome products Just follow the link below!
http://www.aquainspiration.com/

Tank update pics are coming got the uv filter set up this weekend, that thing works like a charm!

PS: I will be making my way out that way on and off over the summer, so I might be able to save you the trouble of getting out there PM me.

morrom

Quick up date, Had to pull the tree put the branches keep falling off  >:(. Any one have suggestions on how to keep them in place glue (2 part epoxy) dosnt seem to work.
This pic is about 8 weeks along.

magnosis

Tie-wraps or stainless screws. Put a bit of moss around it, it will be covered in no time and no one will ever know it's there ;-)

morrom

Another up date,
After a hellish fight with Rhizcolonium I was finally successful! I turned up the CO2 shortened the light cycle and start dosing Excel and it started to disappear. I am in the process of WC's to remove the dead algae, in the pic you can see some in the bottom left corner of the tank that brownish area.
The tank is starting to come together, as you can see it is in need of a trim again... ::). I have ordered my moss and i am going to put the tree back in, in a few weeks.
I will also start dosing the tank next week, going to start really light and go from there.