New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

5.5g shrimp tank

Started by morrom, July 20, 2011, 03:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrom

The GF has gotten the tank bug  ;D Mission accoplished lol!

Attached are some pics of the hard scape, comments are most welcome.
For the moment the plan is to have a low tech low light situation going on, but depending on how things grow that may change.

Plants seletion
Flame Moss: For the tree
HC: For the for ground
Dwarf hair grass: back ground
Riccia SP or Riccardia Chamedryfolia: Used on the ledges of the rocks.
Moss balls: Out in the sand area.

magnosis

I like it :)

Make sure to soak your driftwood well before adding water.  Just leave it in a tub with water and a rock on top of it (to keep it from floating) for at least one week, more is better.   If you ever decide to try DSM, soak it during that time and add it to the tank right before filling it up.

drboeing

Beautiful!  I just broke down and got myself a proper Nano tank too.  Tell me, is that log attached to the rock below?  We have a chunk of driftwood here that hasent sunk after 2 years, the crayfish likes it though, as his "condo" moves around a bit.  Keep posting your photos ant tell us how its all coming together as the project progresses!

dan2x38

Very cool looks great! They can be a little bit of extra work but lovely to enjoy.

I use to have one - http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2198

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."