New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

timing out

Started by nissannx, October 04, 2010, 10:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nissannx

Hi

I try to add pictures to my port linked from my hardrive. I shrunk the picture to 300kb. I will make a post and attach one picture. I t will hang then time out and wont post. I can write a post with no picture and it will load fine. I also have extreme high speed  so i know its not my bandwith. any ideas? i was able to post pictures at teh begining of my thread but for some reason i am unable to post any more from my computer. linking them from another website i sno problem

JetJumper

What browser are you using?
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

nissannx

internet explorer. i just tried to upload a picture and it timmed out. can only post text. weird

Brent Shaver

If you are using a router that could be the issue.  It has happened to me before and I ended up replacing it after hours on the phone with my provider.

JetJumper

Quote from: nissannx on October 05, 2010, 04:39:34 PM
internet explorer. i just tried to upload a picture and it timmed out. can only post text. weird

Does it only happen with this site?  Or does it happen to all sites.  If its all sites I would check the Hardware level for sure.  Or maybe security settings.  If there is something set to now allow uploading up content larger then say 20kb for reference sake.  Do you have anything like Zone Alarm installed?  Norton Internet Securty?  AVG?  Anything that would handle the internet traffic first before you can see it?  If you do try turning them off then try posting a picture again,/
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

nissannx

i just avg. its only this site. and it has only just started happening. i was able to post pictures before in other posts. ill try shutting it off and then posting

nissannx

test

[attachment deleted by admin]

nissannx

hmm ok so that worked. that was from a different folder. i will try moving the picture i want to a different folder

nissannx