New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Landing page - request

Started by Hookup, September 23, 2010, 11:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookup

When you click on the menu for the "forum" it lists the rules then the forum.  If you click on "forum" it takes you to a page, where you then click again on the "forum" link...

What if the menu item for the form takes you directly to the forum without the intermediate step/page in-between?

Jeff1192

I agree that would be great....going through a couple pages to get to the forum is annoying. I  have changed by bookmark for OVAS to go straight to the forum now.  :(  I then just check the home page from time to time.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

holachicka

I agree, I think that's a great suggestion Hookup, you beat me to it! ;)
Like Jeff, I also bookmarked to go directly to the forum instead of clicking through multiple web pages...

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

HomerJ

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is to force whoever is visiting the forum to "read" the disclaimer first.

(That said, I too have updated my shortcut to point directly to the forum).

acers

24g Aquapod : SW

Hookup

Quote from: HomerJ on September 23, 2010, 01:16:28 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is to force whoever is visiting the forum to "read" the disclaimer first.

(That said, I too have updated my shortcut to point directly to the forum).

Prob right...  Kind of redundant once you read them though....  And there is a link to them... And just like bill 101, the rules are above the forum access...

Brent Shaver

Have two bookmarks, one for the main page to stay up on club topics and one if you want to fast track to the forum.

I like the idea that it is now based on a club and the forum is there to use but not the forefront for the club.

Nerine

people still bookmark stuff? hehehe I just hit O and up pops ovas and if I hit O and down arrow key I can skip to the forums or flashchat... ;)

but I like the disclaimer, makes people stop to make sure they read it, because honestly...how many would have read it if it wasn't there?!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Hookup

So can we get this done?

In my opinion it looks sloppy.  I recognize that it was intentionally done, but it is inefficient and looks like someone made a mistake or didn't think out the layout properly when designing the menus and associated story-boards.

As far as reading the rules, think of the carrot or the stick.... often you get a better response with the carrot.

garnpet

The menus at the top of ovas.ca for the forum will remain as they are.  It is our intention that for people, when they discover our site, they are made aware that we have rules of conduct and that the forum is just part of OVAS.

That being said, if you look on the right hand side under Quick Links there is a link for the forum where you can bypass the preliminary information and go directly to the forum.

Peter
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

presto

It is annoying to click several times to get to the heart of OVAS, the forum.
Even if the intention is to make people read the rules I for one have never clicked the rules link.

garnpet

As mentioned above...

Quote from: garnpet on October 19, 2010, 01:44:18 PM
...if you look on the right hand side under Quick Links there is a link for the forum where you can bypass the preliminary information and go directly to the forum.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><