New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Gauging interest in regular get togethers

Started by charlie, September 17, 2011, 01:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyx

Bad timing for us this time but hubby and I would be very interested in the next meeting, Errol. :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

charlie

Quote from: Nyx on October 14, 2011, 08:15:22 PM
Bad timing for us this time but hubby and I would be very interested in the next meeting, Errol. :)
Looking forward to seeing you guys next time.
These goodies -Rotala Vietnam,Pogostemon helferi / Downoi ,
Tonina sp. 'Belem',Hygrophila pinnatifida  & Java fern are bagged & ready to go, walk with some coin  ;D see you all soon.
Regards

magnosis

So sorry I couldn't be there :(  As I explained to Charlie, I pulled muscles & ligaments and had to stay in bed for a while.

How was it ? Did you guys have fun ? Who was there ? What did you talked about ? Did you assign a secretary ? Are you going to post the meeting minutes ? Did anyone buy Charlies' Pogostemon (I was going to bid on it) ?  I want to know *everything* ! ahaha kidding, sometimes you just have to be there ;)

I hope it was a good experience and the next meeting won't be too far away !

charlie

Quote from: magnosis on October 17, 2011, 10:10:55 AM
So sorry I couldn't be there :(  As I explained to Charlie, I pulled muscles & ligaments and had to stay in bed for a while.

How was it ? Did you guys have fun ? Who was there ? What did you talked about ? Did you assign a secretary ? Are you going to post the meeting minutes ? Did anyone buy Charlies' Pogostemon (I was going to bid on it) ?  I want to know *everything* ! ahaha kidding, sometimes you just have to be there ;)

I hope it was a good experience and the next meeting won't be too far away !
Hey Antoine, hope you are feeling better & up & ready for the next one- how about the last Sat./Sun. in Nov. then have another in the new year?
There were 7 of us , 3 shy of the projected 10, we had lunch some had some sort of brew & chatted hobby in general.
Regards

morrom

Hi Every one,

I am back in town and ready for some meetings, count me in for the next one!
After two months away my tanks they took one hell of a beating evil algae... >:(, My sister did the best she could but things are in rough shape, time to see if I can save it lol.

Trevor

wolfiewill

Hey, I in for this meeting! When's the next one, and where?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Quote from: wolfiewill on November 01, 2011, 07:10:36 PM
Hey, I in for this meeting! When's the next one, and where?
I was just checking my callender & the only weekend open for me is the Nov 12/113, the following weekend some of us are in Ohio & the one after some of us will be in Montreal @ the auction, so if the folks want to gettogether on Nov.13Th (Sunday) i`m game.
Guys you can post here if you are game as well as a suggestion of where?

RebeccaB

I would like to meet up, but I am carless that weekend...no wheels!  Interested in meeting someplace central - like Centretown or the Market!?

Quote from: charlie on November 01, 2011, 07:22:57 PM
I was just checking my callender & the only weekend open for me is the Nov 12/113, the following weekend some of us are in Ohio & the one after some of us will be in Montreal @ the auction, so if the folks want to gettogether on Nov.13Th (Sunday) i`m game.
Guys you can post here if you are game as well as a suggestion of where?
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

Stussi613

Quote from: RebeccaB on November 01, 2011, 08:44:06 PM
I would like to meet up, but I am carless that weekend...no wheels!  Interested in meeting someplace central - like Centretown or the Market!?

I'm interested for that weekend and I suppose I can pick Rebecca up if we're meeting somewhere close-ish to downtown.
I haz reef tanks.

wolfiewill

The 13th is ok for me. Location is flexible and I can drive if someone needs a ride.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

So what does the other plant nuts say? Sunday the 13 TH , i should have an abundance of plants to share by then if i figure out what i`m going to use in my new build by then ;)
Jetstream, Fischkop, Anton etc??

Fishnut

I'm game for another plant meeting!  The amano shrimp have cleaned up my flame moss so I'll bring some of that if anyone is interested in a trade. 

What's the place in The Rideau Centre that replaced Elephant and Castle?  That looks nice...plus the parking garage is never full.

pm

Argh! cant make this one either  >:(  (missed the first meet). On a positive note, I will be in TO then and will be able to check out the stores in the Pacific Mall area  :)

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

magnosis

I will try but weekends are crazy busy for me; still, I missed the last one so I really want to be there this time.

My attendance will be confirmed later on this week if that's ok

morrom

I am in for the 13th just need a time and place.

Trevor

daworldisblack

Thanks for the invite Errol! Will try and make it this Weekend but its usually a rush to get all the things I couldn't get done over the week, done haha !
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

As it turns out , i bit off more than i can chew, this weekend is not a good one for me after all, with my absence the following 2 weekends there is too much for me to do this weekend so my apologies, we will try & do one in the new year.
Thanks

touchofsky

I was going to ask about the November meeting, but just read the previous post, and realize that it will be put off until the new year  :)

sylros

Hi, I would be interested in participating since I've got lots to learn about a planted tank. As I've only started my planted tank this past November, this little get together would help me a lot and I would eventually (maybe sooner rather than later) have plants to swap!

Depending on where everyone lives, Westboro has some great places to hang around and we're stuck, I offer my place if we're not in renovation mode. lol

Thanks for taking the lead on this.