New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics Anonymous Part |||

Started by daworldisblack, May 31, 2012, 12:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daworldisblack

lol.. nothing formal.. attendees or you can volunteer to present on something. Maybe someone has a journal on a set up of their's that they want to share or maybe some want to learn about something (we learnt how to apply vinyl the last time). So maybe we'll hear from some peeps here. Pretty easy going events usually.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

fischkopp

Just put a bunch of chairs around your tank, everything else will happen from there ... :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

wolfiewill

Ok, how 'bout Saturday, February 9th? We can start early afternoon.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

Sounds like a plan. Look forward to seeing the africana tank. How about location, will you be sending a pm?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

Quote from: exv152 on January 06, 2013, 09:56:50 PM
Sounds like a plan. Look forward to seeing the africana tank. How about location, will you be sending a pm?

Yes, I'll provide the location, but what's a 'pm'?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

sas

Quote from: wolfiewill on January 07, 2013, 09:21:09 AM
Yes, I'll provide the location, but what's a 'pm'?

pm.........personal message

using the messaging system here on OVAS to inform people

pm

Quote from: sas on January 07, 2013, 10:34:01 AM
pm.........personal message

And here I thought all this time everyone has been referring to me (see name)  :P

Anyway, I would like to (assuming schedule allows) attending as well... no presentation from me this time.  My new tank is not ready. 

daworldisblack

wolfiewill

Ok. Let's confirm Saturday, February 9, afternoon. I'll send pms for location. I'm pumped!

daworldisblack

alexv

So, we are still good for next Saturday? Just checking...
220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

wolfiewill

We're on for this meeting. If anyone wants to come and didn't get a pm, please pm me and I'll get you the details. Cheers to all.

daworldisblack

Pumped! Whos bringing trimmings for sale? What will you be bringing? I know I def want some of your african fern Greg :p I'll see what I can bring and I also have some manzanita pieces if anyone is interested.

alexv

Quote from: daworldisblack on February 04, 2013, 11:19:20 AM
Pumped! Whos bringing trimmings for sale? What will you be bringing? I know I def want some of your african fern Greg :p I'll see what I can bring and I also have some manzanita pieces if anyone is interested.

So, I should bring some dough with me, eh? :)
220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

daworldisblack

Lol yeap.. usually there are plant swaps or purchases depending on who brings what or who has what that they'll be bringing. Usually posted on here :)

wolfiewill

Yup. I have lots of Bolbitis to share, and some Eleocharis acicularis, a couple of Red Tiger Lotus, maybe more I can't think right now 'cause I'm sitting in my favourite easy chair and I can't get up.

exv152

Hey Greg, please hold a piece of your bolbitis for me. I've never tried, it and it's not easy to find locally.
;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

sas

Arg looks like I won't be making this get together,
we're snowed in already tonight and will be spending
tomorrow digging out :(.

alexv

Quote from: sas on February 08, 2013, 06:21:55 PM
Arg looks like I won't be making this get together,
we're snowed in already tonight and will be spending
tomorrow digging out :(.

You can start early. You have the whole night ahead of you :)