New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Weird happenings with logging in?

Started by luvfishies, October 23, 2004, 09:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvfishies

Hey there, I usually am logged in by default, but with the server switch, that's no the case. No biggie, except I can't remember my password, and there is NO place to log in except at the top where it says"

:Log in to check Private Messages :: Not Logged In

If I click the link to log into PMs, then goto the forum index, I'm still listed as not logged in. HOWEVER< the page is split. There is some coding after the forum index that goes like this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/bridge/phpBB/cms_bridge/sync_user.php:203) in /var/www/html/bridge/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/bridge/phpBB/cms_bridge/sync_user.php:203) in /var/www/html/bridge/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/bridge/phpBB/cms_bridge/sync_user.php:203) in /var/www/html/bridge/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 478

and then there is another forum index UNDER this, where it says I am logged in, and which is where I'm posting from.

Marc, has anyone else had this issue? Oh, and could you email me my password, I'm and want to change that, but need the password.

Is there in fact an actual place to log into the forums that I'm missing, as well?

Thanks for any help re this, it's not an error I've ever seen before, and am not sure how to remedy it.

Marc

To log in and out you need to do it from the OVAS main page in the left hand column.  If you log in and out from there you shouldn't have any problems.

I'll try to duplicate what you did to see if I can fix up the error you got.

As for your password I can't see what it is because it's encrypted in the database.  Go to the main page and look in the left hand column.  If you're logged in, click on "Edit your info" to go change your password.  If you're not logged in click on "Create an account".  A new page will appear scroll down the page until you see the "Lost you password?" section and follow the instructions.

If you're still stuck email me and I'll see what else I can do.  

Marc

Wow, weird error, it happened to me to.  Logging in from the main page fixed it.

luvfishies

Marc, thanks!

I'll re-log-in from the main page, but I still don't know my password, which I will need to know in order to change it!

There was some other weird stuff that happened when I came in thru my bookmark, but when I tried to hit "back" to copy/paste it I got another error.

Gonna go to the main page now and "officially" LOG IN and see what happens.

luvfishies

OK cool....logged in and posting, changed my email, etc.

I did get this when coming to the forums, and this time this was above the forums:

select max(user_id) as total from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You have an error in your SQL syntax near xxxxxxxxxx at line 1

bridged_app[users] = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bridged_app[users] = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bridged_app[dbhost] = xxxxxxxxx
bridged_app[dbname] = xxxxxxxxxxxx
bridged_app[dbuser] = xxxxxxxx
bridged_app[dbpasswd] = xxxxxxxxxxx

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /sync_user.php on line 174

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /sync_user.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sync_user.php:204) in /sessions.php on line 305

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sync_user.php:204) in /sessions.php on line 306

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sync_user.php:204) in /page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sync_user.php:204) in /page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sync_user.php:204) in /page_header.php on line 478

Don't know if it means anything, but thought you might find it useful, just in case there are some tag-ends hanging about from the server switch.

Again, thank you for everything! You have been one busy admin  over the last while!

Marc

That last message happened because I was changing some code and testing it.... Obviously that test didn't work.  :?

luvfishies

Whoopsie....sorry.

I'll quit buggin ya now....

Marc

It's okay.  If I dont know about the problems I can't fix them.

dandaman

Thanks, the same thing happened to me
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank