New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Welcome everyone - time to fill in your profile!

Started by dpatte, November 15, 2004, 07:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

When we started this site, I remember being excited when we finally hit 50 members on this forum. A quick glance today and I notice there are over 320 people signed up to use this message board!

Welcome Everyone, whether you are from Ottawa or elsewhere!

Id like to suggest that since i now have your attention, and we are becoming a large group, that we do a few things that will make things more interesting for everyone here....

1) first, and important - please visit the discussion area and click 'Profile' at the top. We'd love to know more about you, where are you are from, and what tanks/fish you have. Fill in your location and other details. Many people seem to be using the signature area of the profile to describe their aquariums or fish - we'd like to know what you have, or your interests!

1a) click memberlist and read other peoples profiles

2) add an 'avatar' (or image) to your profile. a fish or your your own face or a picture of a mermaid LOL

3) post a message! With over 300 people i bet there are alot of people out there with questions. Nows the time to ask. 300 people may be able to help

4) reply to an old message that interested you.

4a) reply to this message and tell us where you are from! (do it now and we'll see if we can break the record of most people online at once :)

5) consider coming to a meeting and seeing all the great stuff at our auctions and meeting us in person.

6) if you have old equipment you dont need - post it to the classified area of this message board or bring it to the meeting to auction off.

For all those that have joined recently, welcome everyone to the OVAS website.

signed..

The Webteam

pegasus

You guys are doing a great job. I've been an OVAS member for more years than I would acknowledge. This website has proven to be the major force behind our membership. I never seen this kind of growth and interest.

Congratulation.

Nelson

Quote from: "pegasus"You guys are doing a great job. I've been an OVAS member for more years than I would acknowledge. This website has proven to be the major force behind our membership. I never seen this kind of growth and interest.

Congratulation.

I couldn't agree more!  Since my brief membership and exposure to this forum I've learned a great deal about every aspect of the hobby.  The help I've received continues to be greatly appreciated as is my appreciation to everyone involved in OVAS and particularly the webteam responsible for this excellent site that I consider "my virtual home".

Nelson

Greg

Top notch site.

Thanks to all the volunteers who work on this and the other areas of the club.  Very helpful and a great way to buy and sell.

Look forward to many more website visits and monthly meetings.

Greg

tuvok

Thank you for the welcome and thanks to all that help keep this site going.

Aiglos

Yes great site,  I wish I was close enough to attend meetings on a regular basis.

Marx

tanksalot

Top in our bookmarks and we visit everyday. A day without ovas is like a day without...

manytanks and tanksalot (in Almonte/West Carleton)

CarlClassen

Great Site! Wish I found out about it before I bought my stuff retail. I wish people would post their tank pictures! There is a few but there must be quite a lot more out there to see.

pegasus

bump as a reminder.
60 new discussion members in the last 2 months. Not bad.

mseguin

Great site, and great members, very helpful. Thanks to all.

Jennywrenn

Only been a member for a short while, but really enjoying learning about fishy stuff from other's who have them.
I've learned a lot to date and caught a few good deals too in the classifieds.
Great site, so glad to have found it!
Keep up the great work.
Jenny
:wink:

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Tim

Quote from: "NjOyRiD"I love you all guys :D:D:D

You are scaring me.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO