New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Forum setup

Started by BigDaddy, November 18, 2004, 02:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

Quick questions:

1)  Can the link on the main page say "Forums" instead of "Classified Ads".  Just makes sense since there's more than just buying and selling going on.

2)  How much work would it be to break up the forum into specific sections (African Cichlids, New World Cichlids, Plants, Equipment, etc....).  Given that the amount of content has increased dramatically, it would make it easier for people to focus on what interests them the most.

Marx

yes...

i've seen boards with setups like this even menus like..

South Americans
with SA buy and sell
Central Americans
with CA buy and sell
Planted
with Planted buy / sell

Deals and Steals.
with sales forum
and with wanted forum

Marc

Hi,

1. There already is a link on the main page for Forums (OVAS Forum/Bulletin Board).  The Classified Ads link is there to help people know they exist.  Originally the Classified Ads link brought you right into the Classified Ads forum but that was causing problems with people getting logged off so we had to change it.

2.  When you say you would like the "Forum" split up do you mean General Discussions, Classified Ads or both?

BigDaddy

Just Gen. Discussion.  I don't think we need to split up the Classifieds themselves...

But it would be nice if Gen. Discussion could be split up into subject specific sections.

Marc

I've setup a poll to find out how everybody feels about splitting up the General Discussions forum.  See the post in this forum.

BigDaddy

Hmm... how do you reply to the poll?  Can't find any buttons

Marc

It should be fixed now.  Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Marc

BigDaddy