New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Special order fishes

Started by TLe041, February 09, 2010, 08:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLe041

Hello,

Do you do special order of fishes on request? I am specifically looking for 3 Corydoras pygmaeus and 8 Rasbora brigittae.

Please advise.

Thank you
Tony

robt18

The pygmy cories are available quite often, I believe more will be coming in in the next week or so.

The rasbora brigittae are the mosquito rasboras, right? If so, they have been classified as an invasive species and are illegal to sell in ontario.

Rob

Brine

Quote from: robt18 on February 09, 2010, 08:22:19 PM
The rasbora brigittae are the mosquito rasboras, right? If so, they have been classified as an invasive species and are illegal to sell in ontario.
Wow, is that right? When did that classification happen?

robt18

Within the last year. Not sure the exact date. We sold them for a while and then they were banned. I can't imagine they're any more invasive than anything but who knows... :(

TLe041

Thanks for the reply, Rob.

I'm surprised the rasboras are banned. Can a subtropical species really survive the Canadian climate and pose that much of a threat to native wildlife? I was mainly looking for a school of microrasbora for my nano tank. Do you have anything similar?

That's good news about the pygmy cories. Can you respond to this thread whenever you get some in?

Thanks again.
Tony

robt18

I'll try to remember to ;)

You can always give us a call as well,
613-668-6442 Innes Rd
613-592-2822 Kanata

Celectial Pearl Danios (formerly MicroRasbora Galaxy) would be great in your tank, and I believe are still legal.
I would be willing to bet at ridiculous odds that microrasboras aren't invasive, would be entirely wiped out in their first winter, but mainly would be a tasty snack for anything in the waters of Ontario...

TLe041

Thanks for the CPD suggestion, Rob. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Tony

albert alligator

are you able to get zebra moray eels and snowflake eels and what it the price on each of them thanks

T.Q

Quote from: albert alligator on February 16, 2010, 02:19:35 AM
are you able to get zebra moray eels and snowflake eels and what it the price on each of them thanks

snowflake eels 29.99, just sold one last week
zebra moray eels, used to have a big big one, 149.99

Quatro

I just saw that Big Al's West has pygmy cories on for $0.99 this weekend.

magnosis

I've been looking for *true* Siamese Algae Eaters for some time now, can't find them in the area.

That and/or Ottocinclus Vittatus.

They are the only breed I found that will eat algea from live plants without damaging them and, hopefully, won't harass my three 7"-goldfish too much.  This last point is highly controverted and thus I'll have to try and see.

robt18

By 'true' SAE do you mean the Crossocheilus siamensis as opposed to the flying fox? If so I believe the east store has some right now... but give us a call to make sure first.

As far as Oto cats go, we typically only carry the O. Affinis, and I'm not sure if any other varieties are available.

magnosis

Yes, the Crossocheilus siamensis.

I'll call the East store, thanks.  I just called and they have them  8)

Thanks !

Brine

Looking for Carinotetraodon Irrubesco. I know you had them at one time because I bought them there. Today I lost the last one. I would like more. Can you get them still?

TLe041

Do you guys anticipate getting any more pygmy cories in? I remember seeing them featured as the weekend special a few weeks back.
Tony

robt18

Probably on our next SA shipment as well. Hopefully in 3 weeks I'd guess.

TLe041

Thanks Rob. I'll keep an eye out for them. Hope they'll be $1.99 again.
Tony