New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Excessive Breeding

Started by Quatro, July 11, 2007, 05:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Ah yes, the african yellow guppy, he would have been eating the babies out of self defense as they know too darn well that they are on everyone else's menu for the day. Perhaps now that you have gotten rid of the pest, you may well see some babies of importance flitting about the rocks one day.

I know that Sue would occasionally have tropheus duboisi survive in her main community tank somehow, and to her, these would be special fish that survived that situation.

artw

if they keep it up, you may find yourself with 36 tanks like someone else around here used to have...

sniggir

now art who could that have been!    ???
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

FishBuddy

Quote from: FishBuddy on July 11, 2007, 10:16:26 PM
Hey Quatro, I had 3 fish holding all at the same time too (happened four times now).  Doing massive water change (ie: 50 to 75%) normally trigger their breeding instinct :)  Especially when the water temperature is above 80F and I added cold water to the tank during a water change.... 

In the summer, I normally do massive water change as the tank creates a lot of waste.  Also, I can see that the fish are really active after the massive water change.

I have another episode of 4 females holding for the past 3 days; 3 stuartgranti and 1 yellow lab.  If I am not mistaken, I could beat my own record tomorrow as another female yellow lab is about to hold (her egg tube has dropped). 

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

White Lightning

PFG....you're telling me that if I leave Barry White on, his magical voice will inhibit breeding in my tank??? What if I went with the more softer and soothing sounds of Arron Neville? lol