New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

PHOTO OF THE MONTH Contest for August, 2006

Started by darkdep, August 09, 2006, 07:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickster

Hope you all like this new picture of my 180 gallon tank . take care

[attachment deleted by admin]

jee

here's my 2 tenant of my 29G bowfront
(M) VeilZebra Angelfish and (F) Koi Angelfish
hope you like it even if theres the flash
Cheers!

RoxyDog

Seanc, that's one nice discus! 

I finally got some of my fish to stay still...

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

succinctfish

Here's a picture of one of my wee angelfish :)

artw

Nice Plants Roxydog ;D you planted tank wierdo you ;)

Muad'Dib

Quote from: artw on August 18, 2006, 07:26:53 AM
Nice Plants Roxydog ;D you planted tank wierdo you ;)

And someday... maybe... mine will look that nice....
After all I am getting advice from the master herself..... :)
Just call me Grasshopper...
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

Boosterman

It's time for her daily cleaning by Jacque the shrimp

jee

his he cleaning the TANG ?  :o sooooo cute :D  ;D
jacque rules!!! lol

Boosterman

Yup the tang goes up to him every couple of day's at least when I see it. He is the only fish that I have seen that will allow Jacque to clean.  but it's cool when you hear about it and then see it.

toomanyfish

That is so cool.  I never heard of that.  :)

mseguin

The cleaner shrimp at work come up to clean my hand, they can pinch pretty good trying to get the dead skin off.

babblefish1960

So they help with the annual sloughing? That would help the notorious freaky deaky dutch bad guy who was forever saving his bits of skin.

Aiglos

This is a picture I took this morning while feeding my tank. 

I purchesed this gold nugget from Big als innes a little while ago,  and he is quite a character,  not shy at all, he stood still and let me took about 20 pictures of him before I decided on this one. 

You will also see 2 Cherry shrimp hanging around him in the picture.

I highly recommend people purchese gold nugget plecos, they stay relatively small for a pleco and are also not shy plecos at all if given lots of hiding places, they are also great algea cleaners. 

The yellow on this guys tail isnt too great,  when buying them try to find ones with Strait thick yellow lines on there tail,I hope as this one grows it will correct itself.  My father has a gold nugget that would win fish shows anywhere its soo beutiful.  I will try to get a picture of him for next photo contest. 

SuperT

Aiglos, i was expecting a pic of your oscar, but i must say (since I have two gold nuggets) yours outshines mine.  A stunning fish and fantastic picture.

Here is my entry.

Terry

PaleoFishGirl

SuperT

Thanks PFG, sometimes the fish co-operate for more than a 1/2 second.

Aiglos (not to hijack the thread), can you tell me what you are feeding your plec I had a close look at mine tonight and their colour seems to be fading if thats possible.

Terry

Aiglos

Quote from: SuperT on August 21, 2006, 12:13:38 AM
Aiglos (not to hijack the thread), can you tell me what you are feeding your plec I had a close look at mine tonight and their colour seems to be fading if thats possible.
Terry

Terry: His Diet Consists of Hikari Algea Wafers; HBH Vegtable flakes, I also feed ALOT of live/frozen food,  he loves whiteworms, and bloodworms, he also eats some brine shrimp.   The tank is also very planted and he spends alot of his time cleaning valisnaria which im sure he gets alot of nutrients from.
I believe that these fish thrive in planted tanks where they get the nutrients they need and the security they need to feel comfortable.  My father had his in a 90 Gallon Discus/denisoni barb tank and we never saw it,  he moved it to his 55 Gallon Heavily planted high light tank and the guy is all over the place now, always out and always eating haha.

PaleoFishGirl

cory