New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Saying HI

Started by Rollfish, January 10, 2008, 03:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollfish

Hey all,

It was my brother and his girlfriend that showed me this site.  Lots of information in here, and the classified section is awesome.  Looks like I'll find what I need here.

I've been all about small lizards in the past 6 years, but the girlfriend and I have added fish to our house of pets.
We've just converted our 55 gal tank, we used to house green anoles and other small lizards, to accommodate a variety of community fish.

So far we have (2) Platinum Angels, (1) Lace Angle - the Platinum's killed the smaller Lace Angel, (5) Orange Platty's - they helped to start the tank off - there were 8, (10) Male Fancy Guppies - Yellow/Orange/Blue, (4) Female Guppies - currently all pregnant, (3) Flying Fox, (2) Thai Glass Catfish, (1)?name?Catfish - I have to find the correct name, (1) Bushynose Pleco.

We were hoping to add more Angels, but it seems the Platinum's are semi-aggressive but I really like their colour and their personality, so no more Angels yet.  There is still plenty of room in there for more fish, but for now, I'll be looking at getting some live plants to help with the tank environment.  Fake stuff is o.k, but I'd like some function too.

I look forward to seeing you out there.

darkdep

Welcome to the club Rollfish, glad to have you aboard.  Looks like your tanks are still 2:1 lizards to fish...we can do something about that :)

Laura

Welcome.
Lots of great deals for plants on the classifieds, but you must come to a mini auction (or the big one in March) where there will be tons of plants.
Mini auctions usually have plants for very good prices and occur at the monthly meetings.

If I was to increase any of those fish in my tank, it would be the beautiful glass cats - I understand they are happier in groups of 6. 

It's always nice to have more members on board (just don't bid against me for any of the plants I want  ;))
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

dan2x38

No, no never find plants here for sale!  :-X LOL Just teasing tons and great people to buy from... got to come up for the auctions especially the giant auction in March... save up now... oh yeah no bidding against me either... Welcome a broad.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

Hey rollfish , welcome to the OVAS web community, great place to be, it gets better if you become a member of the club , which gives you added benefits , such as discounts , hosting your own gallery here, free admission to OVAS worshops   etc.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=2
Regards