New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Newest addition to my tank

Started by Leucotome, July 27, 2011, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leucotome

Hi Everyone,

Here's a quick video of the newest addition to my tank - a yellow tang.

He has been in the tank for about a week and a half, and is extremely active/eating well/happy!

He occasionally swims by my cleaner shrimp/hermit crabs and pokes at them quickly while swimming away. Nothing appears to have been harmed too much, and I've only caught him doing this twice.

I apologize about the terrible digital zoom (only realized the camera I borrowed had digital zoom after uploading):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDMMAMKQvFg

JetJumper

Awesome!  I love Yellow tangs so much I have 2! :D  not in the same tank though.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Greatwhite

Awesome.. Be sure to get him some sea veggies (I like the 2 little fishies sea veggie stuff)... some people get sushi wrappers from the grocery store... either works. :)  Stick a 3" strip to the side of your tank with a suction-on clip every other day, and don't leave it in overnight.

Those yellow guys are ALWAYS hungry, and they need veggies to stay healthy.  If you keep him "full", I find them a little less aggressive toward other fish.

I had a Bangaii cardinal die last week, and my yellow guy acquired a taste for that fish, it seems - so he killed another.  But I got the 2nd out before it got eaten up. :(