New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bulletin Board Frequently Asked Questions

Started by OVAS, October 22, 2004, 12:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OVAS

:arrow:  Do I have to be an OVAS member to use this bulletin board?

You don't have to be a card-holding member of OVAS to post on this bulletin board.  Everyone is welcome.

:arrow:  How do I post a picture on the bulletin board?

There are 2 easy ways of posting an image on the bulletin board.

1) If the image is already on the internet:

If the image is already on the internet somewhere or if you have put the image on your personal website you can use BBCode to display the image. While typing your reply you can click on BBCode in the left hand column, under the emoticons, to get all the info on BBCode.

Here's an example:

[img]http://www.phpbb.com/images/phplogo.gif[/img]

2) If the image is on your computer:

If the image is only on your computer use the "Add Attachment" feature located just below the box where you type your reply.

- click on "browse"
- select the image on your computer
- click on "Add attachment"; when you do so a copy of your picture will be uploaded onto the OVAS website
- click on submit to post your message

If the image is less than 640x900 pixels in size it will be displayed directly in the post otherwise a link will be displayed that people can click on to see the image.

:arrow:  The private message I sent was lost, why?

When you send a private message it is put in your outbox.  If you delete it from your outbox then it is completely deleted and the recipient will not receive it.   Because he was advised he had a private message but there is none the recipient will think his private message was lost.

If don't delete the private message from your outbox then the recipient will receive the private message.  When the recipient reads the private message it is moved from your outbox to your sentbox.