New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS needs a Library Chair for the 2012-2013 season

Started by charlie, August 04, 2012, 06:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

If you are a club member in good standing & would like to volunteer to help run a great club, here your opportunity.
Our present Library chairperson has stepped down , hence the needs your help.
For further info please contact me.

QuoteThe Library Chair shall:
•   Maintain the OVAS Library in good condition.
•   Ensure that library requests are fulfilled at each General Meeting.
•   Ensure that articles loaned from the library are returned in good condition and in a timely manner.
•   Ensure that materials are loaned only to current OVAS members.
•   Make periodic suggestions for further acquisitions for the library.
•   Promote the use of the library's resources

On behalf of the entire club i take this opportunity to thank Joyce for all her efforts with the club & best wishes in the future.
Errol

charlie

I should add if we have more than one candidate, a vote will be taken at our general meeting in Oct.
Errol

Stussi613

I've thought about this while I was in Florida for a conference this week and I'd like to give back to the club and would like to state my inentions to volunteer for this post.

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

dpatte

Is the library chair the only open position at the moment, or are there also open positions on the executive?
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

charlie

The Exec. is pleased to appoint Stuart/stussi613 as the library chairperson for the 2012 -2013 season.
We would like to thank Stuart for stepping up and offering his time & resources.
Errol
President

charlie

Quote from: dpatte on August 15, 2012, 05:34:52 PM
Is the library chair the only open position at the moment, or are there also open positions on the executive?
Hi Dave, the position of Library Chair was the only position & the offering from Stuart was accepted, we are happy to see your willingness to help and has noted that for the future.
Errol
President

dpatte

Thanks Charlie. In the mean time, someone has mentioned that the site moderators are overworked, and I would like to be assigned to be moderator to help reduce this load on them. Can someone assign me to one or more forums? Thanks
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.

Fishnut

When the new changes come  into effect, their workload will get SIGNIFICANTLY better and I don't anticipate needing more.  Our new webmaster can decide at that time if we need someone new. 

Our mods, from what I've noticed, have been people who do not play favourites, can remain neutral on hot topics and have not added fuel to any fires or openly opposed decisions made by the executive committee.  IF they object, we get a PM.

dpatte

Yes, I believe traffic will drop on the site dramatically, so I understand.

And, of course, I understand the role of moderator, since I have been moderator of several forums that are far more difficult to manage than OVAS' forums.

robt18

We have a new web and moderation team that was appointed at the end of last season which will be beginning their duties in September. Should we run into issues we'll let you know.