New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where to refill CO2 bottles on Merivale ?

Started by magnosis, July 18, 2011, 10:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnosis

I usually go to Pyromatek for my CO2 because it's close to home.  But now that I'm driving my kid to daycare I drive in the opposite direction and would rather find a place closer to my transit path.

I think there's a place on Merivale... what is it called ? 

Any other suggestion ? I work near Hunt Club @ Merivale ...

Thanks !!

Greatwhite

There used to be a paintball supply store on merivale that refilled Co2..  JT's, or something.  not sure if it's still there, though.

dan2x38

If it is more than $25 to fill 10lber then the price of gas is worth going to Percy St to Daivdsons - that what it cost over a year ago when I was using CO2. I know that paintball anything is expensive.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

TLe041

JT's charges by the pound making it exorbitantly expensive. I paid around $35 to refill my 5 lb. tank last week. Lesson learned. Definitely going to Davidson's next time.

OTOH refilling paintball canisters at JT's is only $5 or so for a 20 oz. one, so it's still a reasonable place to go for that. No idea if Davidson's even deals with paintball canisters.
Tony

magnosis

Thank you guys !

If this is the correct place then it's 2 streets from where I travel everyday - excellent !
http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?q=davidson,+percy+st,+ottawa&hl=en&cid=16503606217640608897

Will check it out.

And yes, should be ~25$ to refill a 10lbs.  At least that's what I've come to expect from Pyromatek...

dan2x38

Quote from: magnosis on July 19, 2011, 03:25:04 PM
Thank you guys !

If this is the correct place then it's 2 streets from where I travel everyday - excellent !
http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?q=davidson,+percy+st,+ottawa&hl=en&cid=16503606217640608897

Will check it out.

And yes, should be ~25$ to refill a 10lbs.  At least that's what I've come to expect from Pyromatek...

That's the one... they are open early like 7:30 but close early like 4pm...
Voltaire:

magnosis

Toss

I think they only accept cash if I am not mistaken.
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

magnosis

Quote from: Toss on July 20, 2011, 10:32:09 AM

Do they accept beer ?   8)

TLe041

Quote from: Toss on July 20, 2011, 10:32:09 AM

No, Davidson's accepts visa and debit as well.
Tony

dan2x38

Quote from: TLe041 on July 20, 2011, 05:25:02 PM
No, Davidson's accepts visa and debit as well.

+1  Used both.. but not beer - good luck.
Voltaire: