New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

72x18x24 125 gallon tank

Started by matycake, November 21, 2011, 07:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matycake

So I Had a 47gallon and a 75gallon. Set up now I did like them but I needed bigger, so I when out and got a 125gallon tank foot print in 72x18x24, I did want to got bigger but I wouldn't have been able to get it in to my basement, now both tank are in the new one everything survived

Darth

brotherluv

JetJumper

Perhaps a picture would be perfect so we can see what you have to work with :)
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Greatwhite

Yeah.. pics will help for sure.  You may also want to post whatever equipment you're running (brands/models) to see if there's anything that we can point out as needing replacement before it's too late.

If it looks empty, chances are you need more live rock as well.

But let it sit and get equalized with all the changes.

matycake

I don't know how to post pics if anyone can help me out with that
Have 7 power heads from 550 to 1020
3 reef brights 2 50\50 and one blue
Tunze skimmer

Thunda

So many options and often no matter how big there ends up being not enough room  ;D  Always something new or interesting that would be nice to add.

Here is a picture or our set up about 8 months up and running now.  Have the names for most of the corals so if something catches your eye should be able to give you the name :)

matycake

So I went out and got my self one mp40 and was wondering where would be the best place to put it and has anyone seen only one mp40 in a 6 foot tank ?
Pics to follow

Malyon18

On one of the side panels, middle area. As for only 1 MP40 on a 6 foot tank, yes I am sure it has been done but to optimize the features that the vortech pumps offer you would be better off having 2, one on each side and have them setup master/slave
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

matycake

i guess il pick one up when i have extra cash, i also want some hard corals but don't think i would be able to with just the reef brights i was wondering if 2x5' t5 would do the the job

matycake

heres some pics will take more tonight

Malyon18

Hey that duncan looks familiar hahaha.
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

matycake

lol 3 new heads on the one and 2 on the other one witch is in my biocube