New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

120G Tank Update

Started by JetJumper, December 11, 2011, 11:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

Figured I would post and update incase everything goes down hill after this point.

Sump Before:

Sump Now:

Long story short, I had a fun time where the main pump's hose let go off the return line and well, caused some fun.  The aftermath is now this:

Don't laugh at the hole cut :P 

Quick cut into the drywall:

Sump got moved to here.  Wires will be all cleaned up later once I get it all back running.

FTS June 5th 2011:

FTS Dec 11th 2011:

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

JetJumper

Dakotamay

charlie

Looking good JetJumper, always nice to see pics of projects - no ghost tanks & projects  :D

Cheebs

JetJumper

What a painful process this has been moving everything from one room to another.. haha!  Anyways, the deed is finally done and both systems have been plumbed together.  I will clean up the wiring tomorrow or the next day and take some pictures :) 

System now stands as the following:

120G Display Tank
2x 45G Tanks (Frags / Volcano Tank!!! Maybe)
1x 30G Rock / Cheato Tank (Pretty much a fuge)
1x 50g Sump.

Now, will the sump hold all that water if the system goes offline.  I sure hope so!  haha, I will test the waters tomorrow.  If not I will be lowering the Auto Top off level so that it can.

Equipment:

1500GPH Pump feeding the Display Tank
1000GPH Pump feeding the 2x45G tanks
TLF 150 Reactor with 750ml of BioPellets
Reef Octopus Skimmer (Recirc rated for 180G)
Carbon (being added tomorrow)
2x 300watt heaters

Just a note of advise, when Biopellets are left idle for a week, the bacteria that is feeding off it dies.  Well that smell is something you just cannot get rid of. I swear it was worse then the most disgusting thing you have ever smelt and multiplied by 1000.  The house smells so bad from it I feel like moving out!  haha.. Air fresheners are on full!

Pictures to follow :)

Algae scrubber is next in the design process of things, but thats still a couple weeks out.  Other things to focus on now.

Hookup

looking fwd to seeing the re-work bud. 

JetJumper

Little late, but here it is:

First picture, is the sump.  Still have to add my carbon which is this weekend when I get an impeller for a Maxijet that blew up on me.

Second is the Rock Fuge.  I eventually will had an Algae Scrubber to the system, but for now this thing generates Chaeto galore.

JetJumper

I finally got a round to finishing my LED setup for this tank.  Wife says the house is too blue now at night and some things are glowing due to the UV levels in the Royal Blue LEDS.  haha!  but I got the coral colour approval!  She can't believe the colours that come out.

I will do a video later of the dimming, but for now here are a few quick snap shots of it.

JetJumper

Quick Video of the LED's dimming.  Turns out its hard to video tape this on my point and click camera.  But you get the idea.  I only did it on one side of the tank and not the other just for a comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQODGaxN3zY&feature=youtu.be

Cheebs

Very cool Jet!! The tank and LEDs are looking fantastic  :)

az

so your clowns boogie boogie yet I see the plate  8)
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca