New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

NEW SHIPMENT FROM BALI IS IN, OUR BIGGEST SHIPMENT EVER!!

Started by az, January 15, 2009, 07:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

az

Hi Folks,

we received our biggest shipment to date and its looking very good, 265 corals, 450 fish, 550lbs of Liverock and inverts.

I will post the complete list by tonight.

thanks for looking.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

nissannx

White Lightning

Perhaps posting that you would not be open tonight and that the shipment would not be ready until tomorrow at noon would have been helpful for those who drove all the way out there to find the note on the door.

NewReef

Ditto on that! I drove 1.5 hours to get to the store only to see it was closed... Went to MarineScape and made my purchases there instead!

Heidi

People - pls keep it real. he just got the shipment in and stated he would be putting a list together tonight!!! He can't just put all that stock out instantaniously!!!  It takes time and effort. For those that rushed there right away - sure it may have been a waste of time for you but as Az has previously put in other ads before...what stock he gets in one day is not usually for sale until the following day or so, so it has time to get settled into his tanks.  On a personal note...I wouldn't want to buy a fish that just came in. while most of the time they are okay...some can die from the shock of the shipping...so i would rather have the fish settle in there than die in my tank. If there was something specifically you wanted, you should have emailed him or called him.

For Newreef who stated he went to marinescape instead...well good for you, no need to be rude about things!!!

You rock AZ, keep up the good job and I love the Lavender Tang you brought in for me.  I'll be back soon, have to save up some coin first!!!
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

NjOyRiD

I just cant beleive you guys said that.   :o
keep up the good work AZ.

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

NewReef

I wasn't rude just turned off. I presumed that since he wrote in one post saying that he was closed on the 14th he'd be open today... doesn't that makes sense?

Heidi

Being turned off is one thing...rubbing it in that you went to his competition is another thing.  It sounded rude to me, maybe I am wrong but it did.

25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons

NewReef

I went to a SPONSOR of this website whom I might add are getting a big order on Friday and WONT be closed.

Im not a frequent user of OVAS and didn't know stores just closed for 2-3 days in a row when a new shipment comes in. When I lived in TO, the stores would deal with their shipments in the AM and open for lunchtime... and if you happened to be a bit early they would let you walk around the store because they value their customers.

tskinner

Sorry dude but I hate to tell you this is not T.O. and any supplier that sells livestock right away is in the busniess to make money and are not worring about people's tanks or the inhabitant surviving.  I also live about 1.5 to 2 hours away and it only takes a second to pm or call and confirm that he'll be open.  Thanks for everything Az.

White Lightning

" I just can't beleive you guys said that"...... What did I say? I made a suggestion, was that rude? I think not! Implying that it was rude is absolutely ridiculous. And for the record, I did speak to him yesterday and at that time he mentioned to me that the store was closed for the day as he was getting his shipment in but made no mention to me that he would be closed on Thursday as well despite the fact that I had mentioned I would be in today to get some live rock.

Good on you for coming to his defense but in all reality I beleive it would have been nice to know that they were closed today. There was a post stating that they were closed on the 14th so if the store was not intended to be open on the 15th as well, why didn't the post reflect that as well????

Heidi

Quote from: NewReef on January 15, 2009, 08:37:39 PM
I went to a SPONSOR of this website whom I might add are getting a big order on Friday and WONT be closed.

Im not a frequent user of OVAS and didn't know stores just closed for 2-3 days in a row when a new shipment comes in. When I lived in TO, the stores would deal with their shipments in the AM and open for lunchtime... and if you happened to be a bit early they would let you walk around the store because they value their customers.

WOW, someone sure had their cereal P***ed in.

All I am saying is I am sure you were upset by the fact he was closed and had to travel a long way, but you didn't need to rub it in you went elsewhere. Good for the stores in TO that could be able to do such a thing, but Az is a hard working, dedicated guy and mainly runs a 1 man show operation. he does have help but I know he does alot of the unpacking and such himself. While his store may not be as large as the TO stores, with such a big amount of stock coming in, he can't have people roaming the place while he is seeing to the well being of his livestock.  He does care about his clients and livestock...maybe as a frequent user of OVAS you would know that.  If you are new to the site - do not shoot down a store or member if you don't know the full history or reason as to why he may be closed.

Basically - you went, he wasn't there, you went elsewhere, end of story.

25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons

gvv

Don't know about you guys, but I prefer to make a phone call before driving...
It could help.

This is not a grocery store and not only Az, but other sponsors work hard and can be busy sometimes when new stock arrives. We are not living in huge city with LFS working 24/7, so could be prepared for everything :)

When I was in my home city I had to pay $5 for entering, as they said they said they have show tanks just for looking and if you will buy anything later on you will get your $5 back. So, be happy you are not buying tickets on entrance  ;D

az

Hi Folks,

I am really sorry, shipment came in at 3.30am, we finished unpacking at 12.20pm, went home for a quick shower, decided to take a 20min nap but next time I opened my eyes it was 7pm. I did plan to open as I always do after every shipment.

I absolutely understand how frustrating it is to find a store closed after all the drive(and the cold) so next time you decide to come in I will give you 10% discount, I am somewhat glad you voiced your concern, no worries it was my fault and I would be more than happy to make up atleast some for it. And I will extend the 10% discount to everyone who posted in this thread so far :).

Now back on topic ;D,

this is a very nice(+HUGE) shipment, we received over 30 blennys, 80+ gobys, lots of copperband butterflys, many different lions and puffers, lots of Yuma ricordias also. over 30 gorgs and lots of Acros(blue, pink etc), yellow anemones and 1 giant metallic green carpet :o.

I will be working on the 'wknd specials' list but so far I know rainford's goby & copperband butterfly will be in that list. I will post what came shortly. thanks everyone.

Vitali(gvv) you sneaked in as I took too long to type :D
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

gvv

Quote from: az on January 15, 2009, 09:42:53 PM
Vitali(gvv) you sneaked in as I took too long to type :D
OK, I was fighting for my discount  ;D

Severum

I actually stopped by twice today and both times the store was closed...  ;)
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Heidi

All I can say is you rock Az.  You deserve a well-earned nap!!!

PS - any sea-hares???
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons

nissannx

sweet 10% off lol I'm very happy with the service i get there can't wait for the weekend specials. I bought the candy stripe shrimp and the wheeler goby not too long ago from you. I see the wheeler goby out but havn't seen the shrimp yet. I know he's there because i get new tunnels every morning. lol

fishdaddy

as a supporter of Ottawa stores REMEMBER THINGS HAPPEN!!!!
This will happen again to you and me!
hope to see you this weekend ...
i will call first ::)

dines_anan

Hookup

Hey I thought about going last night, but didn't.. can I get a 5% discount? 

PS: in case anyone miss-reads, that was a joke not aimed at anyone or everyone but only posted cause it made me chuckle at myself for being a smart-ass... 8)

White Lightning

The token of good will says a lot in my books! A sincere thank you! As stated in my two previous entries, I was simply making a suggestion. I was not all that frustrated as it wasn't a long drive for me but the suggestion was made to avoid having those who would be making a long drive becoming frustrated.

I look forward to coming in tonight to view the shipment and meeting you as I am under the impression, from all the people who came to your defence, that you are a pretty good guy. Thnaks again! :)

groan

Also keep in mind that Az's staff is limited to himself and occasionally a helper.

Az, I may pop b for some more rock, if i can scrape together some cashola!

I think someone already mentioned this but AZ YOU ROCK!

signed, Az Fan #84

rechaud

same thing here  ;) met Az befaure Christmas and have some precius advises  :)
Keep doing such a nice job Az, i understand really well, the hard work you are in and the reality you need to deal with when its time to talk about shipping.

hope to see you soon Az, keep going man  ;D

Réchaud...

gvv

Az,

How these snails are called? They really doing nice job!