New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Yellow watchman very white ... wierd

Started by warr0088, June 07, 2008, 07:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warr0088

Just curious if anyone has seen a yellow watchman go extremely white.  I've had this one for a couple months now, eating well, very healthy, and even has another one I added (much smaller) to make a pair.  They share the same tunnels and don't fight whatsoever.  Both very healthy, fat, yet the larger and original one has lost all colour.  Any ideas?

Sharbuckle

my yellow clown goby loses all colour at night, and ive always wondered why

xiaan

When I got my YWG from zoe it was all white and still is after been in my tank for over 3 months. Since I have only seen small YWG I was thinking that they could possibly loose there colour when they get older? mine is big over 2.5-3".

chujai

thats what happened to mine too when i got it from a friend. it was really weird... mine is old one, 3 years + and huge...

anyways... it stayed white for over 4 months, and it was almost over night that it turned bright yellow again... right after i started to feed my tank nori... i dont know if thats what helped him get his colours back.. but thats when i noticed he turned from white to bright yellow.... hope that helps
ChuJai

xiaan

I feed my tank nori once a week so I don't think that is the problem. It could be a stress thing I have had mine for almost 4 months. Maybe it takes that long to "settle in" after a move?

jimskoi

If you have 2 of them in a tank.Keep an eye on them.In my experience they are aggresive to each other.Also depends on the size of the tank.