New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

"Good" macro algae?

Started by RoxyDog, April 16, 2009, 01:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

So, I have a piece of this growing in my display.  I think it's "Dragon's Tongue"/Halymenia sp.  It's a very nice colour, but is it safe to leave in my display?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Funkmotor

All I'll say is that it looks cool.  And if you don't want it, I'll take it.  (I'd even be up for a piece once you grow some more.)

Obviously you've got nothing in there that's eating it...does it have any spicules in it, or is it entirely soft-bodied?

Does look good, though.  Beats the heck out of the green stuff!

Hookup

no kidding, put me on that list when you get enuf to cut some off... it looks wonderful.

RoxyDog

Hmm...it's firm and kinda rubbery.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.