New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

new rule?

Started by Vincenzo., September 20, 2009, 07:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincenzo.

i dont think it's fair when member 'X' places 10 ad's in the classifieds. people with multiple things to sell should make them in one post. people who just added their ad's..get bumped down very quick.

it's very easy to update your ad by 'bumping it' and you can have a unlimited amount of stuff up for sale with pictures.

my 2cents.

Malyon18

"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

Hookup

Hookup

Hookup

Hookup

Jeff1192

Haha....that was good.....I have to agree as well. It's a very good idea.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

RossW

I thought there was a rule or guideline about grouping similar items into a single posts but just looked quickly and could not find it... I must have dreamed it.

Tyler.L

tim you're such a post w**** lol i love it

+1

Brine

Quote from: Vince. on September 20, 2009, 07:17:01 PM
it's very easy to update your ad by 'bumping it'
I've got to assume you are talking about the poster who has 8 posts of the 26 on the first page of the Classifieds (As I write this)
In this particular case the poster can not "bump" the ads because only members can and they are not a member (I think, but I could be wrong about that)
Perhaps they will get a membership this fall.

Vincenzo.

i dont want to harp/point fingers .. im sure we've all dont it at one time or another. but y not just add

item 1
item 2
item 3
item 4
item 5
item 6

in one post?
it's a waste of website space otherwise, and inconvenience for everyone else.

it's not hard to put in your SUBJECT: Multiple Items For Sale, heaters, pumps, ect..

ehh.

Quatro

I agree with what you are saying but if everyone would follow a standard title it would be easier for everyone.  You could just go to the classified section, scroll down and see everything for sale without reading the full post.

Example of how I think it should be
FS: 65gal tank, AC70 filter, 200W heater, light - $100
FS: bristlenose pleco 4" - $10
LF: Ebo Jager heater 150W
each a separate post

What we see now
FS: stuff    <-- what sort of stuff, guess I'll have to read the post to find out
Snails  <-- are you buying or selling, more reading
LF: tank  <-- same deal

Not that I really care.  I tend to read the posts anyway.  Perhaps the number of posts on the first page can be increased.

Malyon18

Do you have a 4" pleco for sale I am interested lol. Ya it is pretty easy to put a detailed title and list multiple smaller items all in one post. I am always looking through the classifieds and hate it when I see stuff for sale I get all excited that it may be something AMAZING and end up finding a plastic plant or such things.
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

RoxyDog

Maybe this thread will help remind people to be more descriptive and/or considerate with their classified posting.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Vincenzo.

another IDEA!....

Maybe having classified stickies if people pay? So it keeps your ad at the top for 'x' amount of days. You pay 'x' amount for 'x' amount of days? idk, maybe thats pushing it..

fischkopp

I agree with everyone that it is good practice to group classifieds posts. Hope everyone sees this reminder; we can add this to our guidelines later if it keeps happening.

I don't think we need payed stickies; I am sure deals are seen fast. ;)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Vincenzo.

^ya i did not think so. Just ideas to branch from.

Hookup

JD JUST BROKE THIS RULE!!!!  SCORN HIM!