New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Apistogramma Viejita/German Blue Ram

Started by freshfishies, August 07, 2010, 03:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freshfishies

So I purchased a female german blue ram for my male...he's not interested...however my apisto v. is showing off to her like crazy and I have caught them hanging out.
Do cichlids cross breed often (like live bearers), or do I not really need to worry about it?

thanks!

dan2x38

Cichlids cross breed but like that I think and not sure those species would - never heard they have any ways. Often what happens in a mixed community one cichlid species (often Africans) lays down a clutch of eggs. A male from another species might fertilize it with his milt.

Purest cichlidholics do not keep species together that can cross. They are very particular about this in fact and it is frowned upon by those purests.

I do not think it is possible for these two species to cross though.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

freshfishies

My intention is definitely not for them to breed! I don't want to be 'that' person who breeds crosses!
She seems to be trying to follow the male around now so I think all is well. I'm keeping an eye out for any problems though;)
Thanks for the info!