New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Re: Giant auction volunteers

Started by Jody, March 08, 2018, 11:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya folks,

It is almost that time again, and we are looking for some volunteers to help out during the giant auction.

Looking for people for all positions currently.
I will be taking the lead for set up and table organization, as well as getting the tables up to the auctioneers.

Runners
Cashiers
Auctioneers
Canteen helpers - selling hot dogs, chips etc
Raffle ticket sellers
Set up crew
Registration

If you are interested just post how you would like to help out.

Jody

Kalinkacat

I can be cashier again if you wish or any other sit down job.

Ayden.h

Kalemh

missavgp

I will be there to be a runner again.  :)
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

Bob_S

I can be a runner and help setup the same as last year
120g  Yellow Labs, PS Socolofi,  Neolomprologus leleupi , compressiceps Chaitika
30g Albino Pleco's
30g Planted, 10g cherry shrimp

cdylnicki

daworldisblack

Should be good as a Auctioneer again!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

wolfiewill

I would like to help out as a runner if some are still needed. I'll do anything else that is needed except auctioneer.... my voice won't last. Cheer. Greg
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Jody

Hi Folks,

We are still looking for a couple of people to help out.
Ideally, we would like 1 or 2 more people willing to do auctioneering, so far we have 3, but more would be helpful
We have lots of runners, and cashiers are taken care of.
We need one more person to help out in the canteen and someone that wants to help out with raffle ticket sales.

Jody

limmer

I will help out with Raffle tickets.
Peter

robt18

I can auctioneer if anyone wants to listen to me all day!

sidarnold

Jody

Great!
Thanks Rob, Sid and Peter!

Jody

Dxpert

I'll be there and happy to help.

freshfishies

I'm still good for the canteen! 

Jody

Hi Folks,

We are asking all volunteers to show up for 8 am, so that we can make sure that you are all briefed for the jobs that you will be doing.

Thanks

Jody

cdylnicki

I am happy to help as a runner but expecting me there 3 hours before the auction starts seems excessive to expect from a volunteer.

Jody

We ask the volunteers to come early so that we can have a quick meeting with them and get everything set up. At 9 the doors open for people to start bringing stuff, and we will want the volunteers to help put stuff out as it gets labelled.
Thanks
Jody

ajm1961

My nephew will be joining me and can help with either raffle sales or runner. Well try to be there by 800.
Andre
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!