New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ovas needs some help with membership drives this September!

Started by bitterman, August 08, 2012, 11:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

Just a reminder everyone here is the list of Membership Drives:

La Niche Sept 8 11am-4pm
Fish Tails - Sept 15
Sept. 16 community booth the club @ the Ottawa Farmers market Bronson ( Across from Carleton U)
Aqua Valley - Sept 17th (~11 till close time is TBD)
Sept 22 You can purchase memberships at the OVAS Meeting.

So who is willing to help at La Niche? Its this weekend on Sept 8  11am till 4pm

Regards,
  Bruce

charlie

Bruce i will be there for a short stint, it would be fantastic if one of our Bilingual members can help out- anyone?
Errol

bitterman

Quote from: charlie on September 07, 2012, 08:19:14 AM
Bruce i will be there for a short stint, it would be fantastic if one of our Bilingual members can help out- anyone?
Errol

Thanks Errol Sounds perfect. Sylros said she could help! I think the 2-3 of us would be perfect! for the event since Sylros is Bilingual.

Regards,
   Bruce

sylros

Just to confirm that yes I will be there from noon until you don't need my anymore.

Sylvie aka sylros

bitterman

Quote from: sylros on September 07, 2012, 05:01:22 PM
Just to confirm that yes I will be there from noon until you don't need my anymore.

Sylvie aka sylros

Awesome! Thanks so much to you and all the volunteers!

Bruce

ajm1961

Bruce, I could be there for an hour or so until Sylvie shows up. So from 11:00 to 12:00.
Does that help?
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bitterman

Quote from: ajm1961 on September 07, 2012, 06:50:54 PM
Bruce, I could be there for an hour or so until Sylvie shows up. So from 11:00 to 12:00.
Does that help?

That would be awesome thanks!

Bruce

sylros

Quote from: bitterman on September 07, 2012, 07:35:11 AM

Aqua Valley - Sept 17th (~11 till close time is TBD)

Who do you have to go to this location? I can probably make that date, and my husband who's a salty, hinted he would help as well. We happen to get along with AZ, we can make it fun!

But if there's already someone, that's OK.

ajm1961

Quote from: sylros on September 07, 2012, 10:26:46 PM
Who do you have to go to this location? I can probably make that date, and my husband who's a salty, hinted he would help as well. We happen to get along with AZ, we can make it fun!
But if there's already someone, that's OK.
I said I could be there after work by about 4:20 , and stay until close (6:00)
You're welcome to either take my "shift" or cover some time before then... it's a Monday

sylros

Quote from: ajm1961 on September 08, 2012, 07:37:55 AM
I said I could be there after work by about 4:20 , and stay until close (6:00)
You're welcome to either take my "shift" or cover some time before then... it's a Monday
True! You did say that...nope I'm not taking away your spot, I meant that we were willing to take some time off from work to go there during the day. I've got volunteer time that I can use, my husband, well, he works from home and doesn't have fixed hours like most of us do.

I wanted to make sure that the spot was still empty. So we'll do that then?
Sylvie

charlie

Quote from: bitterman on September 07, 2012, 07:35:11 AM

La Niche Sept 8 11am-4pm
Regards,
  Bruce
Thanks La Niche , it was a great experience,as mentioned we introduced 50+ hobbyist from all aspects of the hobby that never heard of OVAS.
La Niche is now fully equipped to sell membership so check them out.
Thanks to Bruce, Sylvie & Andre for volunteering your time today.
Regards
Errol

Fishnut

To add another note...

For sponsors who are hesitating in letting us in to do a membership drive, it will attract existing members who likely won't be able to walk out of the store without buying something.  I went to support the troops and managed to spend almost $50

???

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

bitterman

Remember Everyone!
FishTails Tomorow 12:00 (Noon) till 5
Ottawa Farmers market ( Bronson Ave. across from Carleton U) on Sun. Sept. 16 TH from 9-2
Aqua Valley Monday Sept. 17 TH from 11 AM

Thanks,
   Bruce

sylros

Quote from: bitterman on September 14, 2012, 07:16:00 PM
Remember Everyone!
FishTails Tomorow 12:00 (Noon) till 5
Ottawa Farmers market ( Bronson Ave. across from Carleton U) on Sun. Sept. 16 TH from 9-2
Aqua Valley Monday Sept. 17 TH from 11 AM

Thanks,
   Bruce
I can't be there tomorrow as I am babysitting my little (heavy) grandson on Saturday but will try to pop by at the Farmer's market on Sunday. I've never been there.

On Monday, I've got the afternoon off only as a meeting got scheduled in the morning before I could block it off. Will be there latest at 1.

Good luck tomorrow!

ajm1961

I will be at Fishtails in the afternoon as soon as I finish helping my son move. This was not in the cards when I volunteered to be there a few weeks ago. My apologies.
I will drop in at the Farmer's Market and at 4:00 at Az on Monday. Doing what I can!

Shawn84

I can be at Fish Tail tomorrow to help out and maybe on Sunday.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

sylros

Quote from: ajm1961 on September 14, 2012, 09:08:12 PM
I will be at Fishtails in the afternoon as soon as I finish helping my son move. This was not in the cards when I volunteered to be there a few weeks ago. My apologies.
I will drop in at the Farmer's Market and at 4:00 at Az on Monday. Doing what I can!

Hi Andre, the AZ part can be skipped if you need to pick and choose where as me and my husband will be there along with a few others. Just saying...but I always say the more the merrier!

ajm1961

Quote from: sylros on September 15, 2012, 10:05:27 AM

Hi Andre, the AZ part can be skipped if you need to pick and choose where as me and my husband will be there along with a few others. Just saying...but I always say the more the merrier!
OK - I may skip Monday's at Az. This month is really busy!!

bitterman

Thanks again to all our helpers and volunteers! Now for the farmers market tomorrow!

Bruce