New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Moving company for fish tanks?

Started by Nerine, October 24, 2014, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

Hey all, did a bit of searching here haha but so many topics to comb through ;)

Wasn't there a member who moved tanks??? they were a plant person?? lol trying to remember who :D

a regular moving company doesn't want to do it as it's only one tank type of deal...

thanks!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Pyrrolin

Moving an established tank can be a big job.  When I moved a few months ago, I did a trip just for moving some tanks and it was an all day job.  Glad I didn't attempt to move the tanks on the same day as the rest of the move.  I was lucky and got access to the new place before hand.  I probably won't be as lucky next move.  But maybe I'll be moving the tanks after the main move as I should have access to this place after I move.

If you have to do it yourself, plan and plan and plan some more.  Take into account controlling temp if summer or winter, coolers work.  Make sure you don't pack up any equipment you might need

Nerine

Thanks for the info :)

Yeah I've moved many an established tank!! Not a fun thing!! there have been times my fish have lived in rubbermaids due to transitions!! thankfully I have rarely lost anyone (knock on wood) and the last big move, they survived freezing temps (there was ice forming in the water, no power, no heat! we had fish in our coats to keep them warmish)

But this tank is a 180...not to be moved by the faint of heart!! Won't be able to do this myself... soooo....I know there was an ovas member out there who moved tanks...just don't remember who, I've been away too long!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts